Why the cutsey not funny reviews on other boards here?!

lanceholt

We are leaving on our 6th NCL cruise in November and always depend on these boards for info about the ship, cabin/suite, and our ports. It's enhanced our experience every time and we have gotten some really excellent advice.

We also read member reviews but take them with a grain of salt, as they are subjective. I recently checked out something on another cruise line's board here, which shall be unnamed, and noticed the plethora of cutsey "reviews" that read more like an attempt at attention and not so funny comedy. In Europe especially they can come off as pretty insensitive Americans in their writing.

I usually love the reviews and trip reports here on the NCL board, esp the ones with pics. But these others I am talking about go to over 20 pages long, sound more like bragging, and just are weird. IMHO they are proliferating. (this isn't envy on my part as we have sailed in a number of suites and do believe that a cruise is fun no matter where you are on the ship).

Has anyone else noticed this and thought thank heaven this board hasn't gone to that?

Even on this board, we get the occasional review that turns into a 95 page monstrosity where everyone feels compelled to comment by quoting each other 32 times over (and the OP then replies to every single post containing 32 quotes) so that the whole thing turns into an unreadable mess.

I like the NCL board and enjoy the overall experience. Sometimes a few get out of hand, but find it does not last long.

Sometimes, I do go to other boards and have been lurking on one lately with an idea that it might be an alternative to NCL should the right price, itinerary, etc. come along. Seems like a nice group.

There is only one board I have given up on and their cruise line. Just not my style. The majority of the posters seem like a happy group.

Overall I find the majority of the boards are very similar.

Archived