December Cruise Questions

Calkacky

I lost my cruise virginity on a June crusie on the Triumph this year and am now totally hooked! A friend and I are now booking a December 2, 2013 cruise. It goes out of Galveston and goes to Progresso and Cozumel. I know the weather is in the low 80's in both of those places which is great. However, I don't know what it will be like as we're cruising there and back. Do I need to bring sundresses/capris and that sort of thing as well as Jeans/long sleeve sweaters and a jacket? Any advise is appreicated. After my first cruise where I packed everything under the sun, this time I plan to pack light!

Early December is a perfect time to cruise out of Galveston. I have seen it cool enough for a light jacket, but 70's and 80's are the norm with night temps in the 60's. I have only seen one cruise where the temps were too cool to snorkel at Cozumel, and that was in February.

I lost my cruise virginity on a June crusie on the Triumph this year and am now totally hooked! A friend and I are now booking a December 2, 2013 cruise. It goes out of Galveston and goes to Progresso and Cozumel. I know the weather is in the low 80's in both of those places which is great. However, I don't know what it will be like as we're cruising there and back. Do I need to bring sundresses/capris and that sort of thing as well as Jeans/long sleeve sweaters and a jacket? Any advise is appreicated. After my first cruise where I packed everything under the sun, this time I plan to pack light!

That's when we always cruise and have never been cold, cool at night if sitting out on my balcony but a light sweater will do. I always bring one pair of thin athletic type of pant and a sweat type of zippy....perfect!

We cruised out of Galveston early Dec last year. It was mid 80 when we left and about the same when we arrived back. The only time we got "cool" weather was our last night at sea and then a light jacket would do. Actually we just used a towel to cover up with. We left the ship at 9:30 am and it was 80's arrived home to Dallas 5 hours later and it was low 50"s. But then that's Texas.

Yes. We have cruised in December twice. Both times were windy/cold. We have to buy DD a sweatshirt onboard.

Archived