!! DISNEY DREAM !! To Bahamas ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

DisneyDreamday2-77_zpsdf515f55.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-78_zpsa430ebaf.jpg

We just relaxed there in the jacuzzi for some time and watched the sensation docking, and then all the tourists getting off the ship. It did not take me long to realize that it was a hot hot day. I rarely use the pools on cruise ships, I find them to be too busy and just not a nice place to relax. But the way the adult pool is done in the Dream is just perfect! It has 3 separate sections, one deep for swimming, another where you can sit and be covered by water, and the shallow spray area. It was a very nice place, I must of spent a lot of this in that pool.

Sorry the lens had sunblock on it, that is why some pictures are cloudy.

DisneyDreamday2-79_zps6995d2a1.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-80_zps7f352674.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-84_zpsb2b7eb2f.jpg

They were doing and ousted massage.

DisneyDreamday2-81_zpsa1806ea8.jpg

We spend the rest of the morning relaxing by the pool and talking. I guess at some point I went for a walk or something, because I have a few pictures here from that time.

DisneyDreamday2-85_zps8119a592.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-86_zpsc2b4ff2a.jpg

Those are the same loungers that we have on our aft balcony.

DisneyDreamday2-90_zps8ed250fc.jpg

The screen plays cartoons and movies all day.

DisneyDreamday2-91_zps4c16451d.jpg

Donald duck was shot into the funnel from the Aquaduck. Can anyone help him out?

DisneyDreamday2-94_zpse053b7f7.jpg

We actually enjoyed the Sensation docking next to us, we could look at the ship all day from the Jacuzzis.

DisneyDreamday2-92_zps116e68f6.jpg

I saw some crew on the sensation catching some rays.

DisneyDreamday2-95_zps3ab1e544.jpg

After some hours we made out way to the Buffet for lunch, it was very similar to the one one boarding day, but with the addition of a few items. At this point I also changed cameras back to Sony RX.

Here is the Lunch buffet video

DisneyDreamday2-96_zps4f63724d.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-101_zps466ce276.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-109_zpsd14f3e3c.jpg

The food as always was excellent!

DisneyDreamday2-110_zps61eadb15.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-99_zps511e699d.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-100_zps1edef910.jpg

By the way here are the phones that Disney gives you to talk to other in the ship. Each cabin gets 2 of them and they also work on castaway cay, very neat.

DisneyDreamday2-97_zps77a3e220.jpg

After lunch we made our way to the room to have some drinks and relax in the balcony for a few minutes. We noticed this little guy on the bed and the pirate bandanas for the party at night.

DisneyDreamday2-149_zps27f23320.jpg

Soon enough we went back up to the adult pool area to relax a little more :D

DisneyDreamday2-145_zps59c38573.jpg

Look at the Aquaduck line!

DisneyDreamday2-146_zps09be4f88.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-147_zps0de3d4a0.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-148_zps12c02470.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-150_zps2e0b6c8e.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-151_zps095e6528.jpg

This one was taken inside the jacuzzi looking down through the glass floor.

DisneyDreamday2-152_zps58198bca.jpg

I also ordered my mom a miami Vice, she really enjoys those fruity drinks. Neat picture from the Olympus camera.

DisneyDreamday2-154_zps3c1df88c.jpg

There are also glass floors right next to the Jacuzzis outside. I remember this from Breakaway.

DisneyDreamday2-155_zps58e72efc.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-159_zps0921963a.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-158_zpsf94e087c.jpg

I saw the simulator there, but I never saw anyone inside playing. I know there is a small fee to use it.

DisneyDreamday2-162_zps7c15228f.jpg

Back in the adult pool area my mom was taking a nap on one of the big round loungers.

DisneyDreamday2-165_zps5e03d9f7.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-166_zps2079ce6d.jpg

In the mean time I went to get ice cream.

DisneyDreamday2-175_zps51a79041.jpg

I have a bad habit of bitting the bottom of the cone, not a very intelligent move on hot days :D. My favorite one was the strawberry one.

You can see there the cut from cutting the crab claws from the first day. It healed nicely and fast =)

DisneyDreamday2-176_zps0de50f4c.jpg

My mom noticed the Breeze leaving port and she took my camera and got some pictures and a short video of the ship leaving port.

DisneyDreamday2-178_zpsf9591bbf.jpg

Woohoo, I have wifi here so I can still check out your review in any spare time I have! I just wanted to say how awesome the model ship looks! I know we both like to collect them and hate the price/quality of the other lines, this one just looks awesome and the price is so great!

Disney really shines with their models, I was quite impressed by it. I have right in front of me and look at it every so often :).

Hi Gambee,

Thank you for that! I'm a German vet and certainly would appreciate a gesture like that. Being the active part in putting a patients loved pet to sleep is never something done with an easy heart. We do feel the pain of the owner as well as the need to release the suffering animal.. it's never routine.

Oh and by the way ... absolutely loving the review...those pictures are awe inspiring! Thank you for that as well!

Stef

Hi Stef, I did just that. I got some orchids for the Dr. and some chocolates for the staff. It was actually really hard going there, but I am happy that I did it. Thank you for confirming that you would receive it as a nice act, I was not sure how they would perceive the entire situation. This world is full of sadness, if there is something I can do to make someone else day better, that is what I will do. There were a lot of lessons that I learned from this week, and I am grateful for them.

I hope you continue to enjoy the review. Thank you for posting :).

We just relaxed there in the jacuzzi for some time and watched the sensation docking, and then all the tourists getting off the ship. It did not take me long to realize that it was a hot hot day. I rarely use the pools on cruise ships, I find them to be too busy and just not a nice place to relax. But the way the adult pool is done in the Dream is just perfect! It has 3 separate sections, one deep for swimming, another where you can sit and be covered by water, and the shallow spray area. It was a very nice place, I must of spent a lot of this in that pool.

Sorry the lens had sunblock on it, that is why some pictures are cloudy.

[/b][/color]

So true! It was indeed perfect. We loved being able to adjust to different water levels for what our bodies needed. And it was rarely ever crowded!

Are you sure that's sunblock? Looks like the mist they spray out.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So true! It was indeed perfect. We loved being able to adjust to different water levels for what our bodies needed. And it was rarely ever crowded!

Are you sure that's sunblock? Looks like the mist they spray out.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Some yes, I remember cleaning it several times.

My friend I am very impressed with the looks of their buffet! Just curious, I know the illustration pictures are done with the new RX100, are a lot of the regular photos also done with the same camera? I'd like to get an idea of how to shapes up to NEX

Yes a lot of the regular pictures are done with the RX. The thing about the RX is that it has a very powerful and fast zeiss. While the sensor might be smaller than the NEX the lens more than makes up for it. Also the sensor is still a 1 inch sensor, the pictures have a slightly different tone than the NEX line. But they are very nice results in its own format.

Check your email, Ill will send you a few samples of the RX100 on Auto mode. By the way the Auto mode of the RX blows away the one on the NEX. I am not entirely sure why they use such dumb software on the NEX..

Yes a lot of the regular pictures are done with the RX. The thing about the RX is that it has a very powerful and fast zeiss. While the sensor might be smaller than the NEX the lens more than makes up for it. Also the sensor is still a 1 inch sensor, the pictures have a slightly different tone than the NEX line. But they are very nice results in its own format.

Check your email, Ill will send you a few samples of the RX100 on Auto mode. By the way the Auto mode of the RX blows away the one on the NEX. I am not entirely sure why they use such dumb software on the NEX..

I just got it and checked out the photos. WOW! And it looks so much easier to carry around than the NEX is

Too funny that you watched the Sensation in Nassau, Gambee. When we were on Breeze, Disney Dream was docked next to us, so we watched people on the AquaDuck! Your mom did a nice job with the video of Breeze leaving. I appreciated seeing that and your pictures of Breeze. And yes, I did stop and take lots of pictures of Dream, too!:D

Heather

So sorry for your loss, I have two dogs , and I can't imagine the feelings.

I loved your Allure review but never comment on it. We went on the Fantasy this past March, it was our first cruise and we loved it. We had an aft room, 10150, it was great, right next to the elevators, and just a floor below Cabananas . No noise from Cabananas either We didnt hear any noise from the engine, perhaps cause we were higher. For breakfast, they always had the regular size glasses out

We were quite surprised to how much we enjoyed cruising although some of us got sea sick. We are still undecided if we should take Allure or do the Fantasy again next year. Anyways love your review so far, looking forward to more

Edited by Araya

Hi Gambee and Gambee’s Mom! Just went lurking to see if you were getting ready to board Carnival Breeze. Imagine my surprise when I saw your new review on Disney. I am signed in to see and read about all your adventures. I really laughed when I saw the picture of your Mom with crab leg spilling. The more things change..the more they stay the same lol. Thanks for the video of the cabin. Would this cabin hold a family of 5? Is there a pullman? I like the bathroom set-up.

On a serious note, I am very sorry to hear about your loss of Milo. I too had to put down my dog Higgins because of a tumour on his spine. His was located at the top of the spine and was blocking his airway. It was such a hard decision to make but it was the right thing to do. No animal should suffer. Keep good memories in your heart and the pain will get better.

You said you have some health concerns. I hope nothing too serious so you can get right back to cruising!!

..... Would this cabin hold a family of 5? Is there a pullman? I like the bathroom set-up.......

gambee's cabin will not hold 5 pax. His cabin category, 5e, sleeps up to 4. Some lack the ceiling pull down bunk, therefore sleep 3. No cabin on the stern with wake views sleeps 5.

You would need a family veranda, category 4a - 4d, to sleep 5. Or a family OV. The suites sleep 5 too. Outside the 3 largest forward suites, all cabins that sleep 5 are on the sides of the vessel.

HTH