!! DISNEY DREAM !! To Bahamas ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

As usual, you're doing a great job, Gambee! All your pictures are wonderful. I'd forgotten how elegant the atrium area is on a Disney ship.

I am also truly sorry to hear about your sweet Milo. My thoughts are with you now and I hope that you will feel a little better each day.

Heather

Gambee you could not have done more. You were there for Milo to take him to the vet and take away the pain. He was probably so comforted by your presence. Dogs don't want more....they just want you. And today you were there by his side.....giving him comfort and love. That is all he needed.:(

Gambee,

First I want to say how sorry I am about the loss of your Milo. I have been through this several times and I understand how you must feel.

Anyone who has read your reviews feels like they know you because you share so much. You take the reader right along with you, and you are a great tour guide!

I'm so glad that you and your mom went on the Disney Dream! We are big Disney fans and love their ships. Your reviews are amazing and your pictures are truly outstanding. I love the special effect photos -I must to learn how to do this! The Dream is our favorite ship and we are looking forward to the Halloween cruise with our 2 year old grandson, our Dd and her hubby (who are former Disney cast members).

I must say that your balcony was huge. Good choice.

I know that you want to try different cruise lines, but if you ever go back on Disney, do try Palo and Remy. The food is incredible, and you will be impressed with the service and quality.

Can't wait to read the rest of your review.

First, I want to say that you are doing an awesome job! I wish I can take you as my personal photographer and have you document every trip I go on. lol! Maybe I can take you as a stow away for my Allure cruise...? HMmmmm....

That's it, we have to cruise again in the future!

Absolutely LOVING the new review Gambee! Thoughts go to you on your sweet four legger crossing the Rainbow Bridge :-/. All your CC friends are here for you!

In happier news, darling boyfriend and I are looking at doing a Disney World/Disney Cruise vacation this fall cause we both could use a break. This review is going to be super helpful for the two of us adults looking to do a Disney cruise.

Cruisin Cutie... do my eyes deceive me, or are we sailing the same dates on the Allure?? If so, cool! I would love to meet you and your bf, maybe do a double date with me and my bf lol.

Thank you, I read that short passage as a friend sent it to me earlier, but I like that is now in this thread. I truly appreciate it.

By the way you made me laugh by trying to make your cat swim, thank you :D.

Gambee, I'm glad I was able to make you smile. With all you do for us by writing your wonderful, detailed reviews, that is the least I can do.

Just to be clear, I'm really not going to make Cheyenne go swimming. She's not my cat. She belongs to my friends who will be sailing on Carnival Breeze next week, so I'm cat sitting. Now, one of my 2 cats DOES try to go in that pool when they go to "cat camp" there during Mom & Dad's vacations!

The spy game you saw was the Midship Detective Agency. You get a transponder that leads you around the ship to solve one of 3 mysteries that change every time you do them. It is a good way to tour the ship, and the interactive art is fun to see.

Gotta love those aft balconies! Seemed like ours had somewhat less of an overhang than yours, but we were up on 7 & 8. I also think they're using a smaller flag than the one we saw. When we were in 7192 looking down, it looked like the flag was blocking the view from the cabin next to yours. I'll have to see if I have pictures, but it's more likely that I was trying to keep the flag OUT of my pictures!

Ahh, here it is! I am so sorry that I am so late to the party. As you know, I was busy at orientation all day and worked all day on Monday. Of course I catch up on your review at 1:50 AM and I have to be up at 5:00 AM to go to Chicago...:( But it's a Gambee review, it is worth it and I suppose I can sleep on the way there! :p

Your photos are bringing back such great memories. Even though I have never sailed this class, there are many similarities to the Wonder. It was our first cruise, a 4 night to see if we would like cruising (obviously we caught the cruise bug, lol!). I remember the year long wait was the most painful wait ever! I think the only main things I remember is our name being called, the yellow water slide I was on EVERY day, the palette restaurant, the sail away party on top of the Goofy pool (I couldn't believe the pool could turn into a floor, ahh I wish I was really young and naive again!), and Castaway Cay! It was also a cruise I cherish because it was back when our family was all together.

Interesting that your picture of the clocks telling the time of parks around the world was focused on Tokyo Disneyland, I want to go there SO bad! The Disney resort in Tokyo is supposedly the best in the world, especially Disney SEA. Hopefully some day soon but it is hard to plan a land trip when you are obsessed with cruising! :D

I am so sorry to hear about Milo, so cute and I love the name! Hang in there and of course remember all of the great memories you got to create with the one and only Milo.

And finally, I think I know why you love the Disney ships so much! Well at least I know why and I bet you would agree, the level of detail on these ships is impeccable. It's kind of weird to pay attention to but even the tile is gorgeous everywhere on the ship, especially in the area of the murals of Nemo!

Oh and thanks for the credit with the banner, you didn't have to do that! I am glad I could contribute to one of the great Gambee reviews! :)

It feels good to be writing on a fresh, new review! Hi Bugsy, Shaun, and Gwen! Nice to see you here! :cool:

Can't wait for more.

First, I want to say that you are doing an awesome job! I wish I can take you as my personal photographer and have you document every trip I go on. lol! Maybe I can take you as a stow away for my Allure cruise...? HMmmmm....

That's it, we have to cruise again in the future!

Cruisin Cutie... do my eyes deceive me, or are we sailing the same dates on the Allure?? If so, cool! I would love to meet you and your bf, maybe do a double date with me and my bf lol.

Aww that would be fun!!! Here's the story. We were thinking about going on the Allure once more with my mom for her birthday but as of now the trip is up in the air due to some unexpected health problems on my end (*sad face*). For the moment, we aren't entirely sure that we will be boarding the Allure of the Seas in November :-(. If we do, that most definitely would be super fun!!!

Gambee: I can't wait to read more!!! I look forward to your reviews cause they are so full of details. Makes my planning that much more easier.

I'm so happy to be reading one of your fresh reviews again, Gambee & Mom (and Sarah, too!). Only on page 3 and I can already smell the sea air . . . as usual, your photos are awesome and I, too, LOVE the illustration mode pix. Very artsy.

Ready to laugh with you again.

Ellen

Hello again Ellen, glad you're liking the review so far :)

Great job again, of course. :D Glad you enjoyed DCL.

You were captured by the Port Canaveral webcam on your balcony fwiw during sailaway.

Yeah thats me waving :) thank you.

It's the Port Canaveral Welcome Center, almost finished, should be done by the end of the year. They were resurfacing some of the parking lots today. I was driving through on a mission earlier today and took a few pictures of the Welcome Center. I like it, some people think it looks like a sinking ship!

Hummm, I thought it looked like a sail, thanks for the info.

And that is where I'll be on Saturday, with Breezy (Wendy) who is sailing out on the Freedom of the Seas on Sunday.

There are a lot of neat restaurants in that area. It should be really neat to go eat there and watch the ships go by.

I love the photo doc and review so far Gambee!

But I've only gotten so far at page one at the moment.

Love the great shots of the Magic model in the terminal! I have only ever seen it from afar and love that Photobucket allows me to see it in great detail due to your high res photo's!

Looking forward to seeing more of your trip report!

ex techie

Thank you, glad you like so far :)

Great job so far Gambee! I have read all of your reviews and love them! Thanks and keep it up! :)

Will do, thank you.

Absolutely LOVING the new review Gambee! Thoughts go to you on your sweet four legger crossing the Rainbow Bridge :-/. All your CC friends are here for you!

In happier news, darling boyfriend and I are looking at doing a Disney World/Disney Cruise vacation this fall cause we both could use a break. This review is going to be super helpful for the two of us adults looking to do a Disney cruise.

Well hello there, glad to see you here. Thanks for the kind words on Milo, just here trying to rebuild myself and move into happier thoughts.

You will love a Disney cruise there is so much detail on those ships, it is just a very unique experience.

I will see you around.

Question:

where is that teen swim deck? Looks like the big suites on deck 12 forward overlook it; is that true? Or is that area aft? Confused...

Also, as you can see I have two oldie goldies, and they are truly like your best behaved children (esp if you have the human kind also) so I am so sorry for your loss.

On a brighter note, loving your review, and coveting your balcony! Did you see the aft corner balconies on the dream on deck 7 and 8? those also look huge!! Thanks for your reviews!!

It is located FWD, I think on deck 6 or 7, that picture was taken in the FWD of the ship.

I did se the aft corner balconies, but those are suites and I can only imagine what the going rate is for those.

Nice to see you again, thank you for the nice message about Milo.

Thanks for the wonderful review so far!

I'm sorry to hear a about the loss of your dog. Pets are truly part the family. {hugs}

Kari

Glad you like it :). thank you for condolences.

We just booked the Dream for January, our first Disney cruise, so I am so excited you are posting this! Looking forward to more!

More coming soon, glad you're enjoying it.

As usual, you're doing a great job, Gambee! All your pictures are wonderful. I'd forgotten how elegant the atrium area is on a Disney ship.

I am also truly sorry to hear about your sweet Milo. My thoughts are with you now and I hope that you will feel a little better each day.

Heather

Thank you Heather, nice to hear again from you :). Me too I sure hope that as time passes I will slowly get better. It is proving to be difficult at this time, but just being strong.

Gambee you could not have done more. You were there for Milo to take him to the vet and take away the pain. He was probably so comforted by your presence. Dogs don't want more....they just want you. And today you were there by his side.....giving him comfort and love. That is all he needed.:(

Thank you for those words.

Gambee,

First I want to say how sorry I am about the loss of your Milo. I have been through this several times and I understand how you must feel.

Anyone who has read your reviews feels like they know you because you share so much. You take the reader right along with you, and you are a great tour guide!

I'm so glad that you and your mom went on the Disney Dream! We are big Disney fans and love their ships. Your reviews are amazing and your pictures are truly outstanding. I love the special effect photos -I must to learn how to do this! The Dream is our favorite ship and we are looking forward to the Halloween cruise with our 2 year old grandson, our Dd and her hubby (who are former Disney cast members).

I must say that your balcony was huge. Good choice.

I know that you want to try different cruise lines, but if you ever go back on Disney, do try Palo and Remy. The food is incredible, and you will be impressed with the service and quality.

Can't wait to read the rest of your review.

I had no idea there was a Halloween cruise, that must be a ton of fun! I will most likely do Disney again sometime, possibly the Magic since Miami is getting it for the winter. Plus she just remodeled so that must be a fun ship to experience. We will see what time allows :)

Gambee, I'm glad I was able to make you smile. With all you do for us by writing your wonderful, detailed reviews, that is the least I can do.

Just to be clear, I'm really not going to make Cheyenne go swimming. She's not my cat. She belongs to my friends who will be sailing on Carnival Breeze next week, so I'm cat sitting. Now, one of my 2 cats DOES try to go in that pool when they go to "cat camp" there during Mom & Dad's vacations!

The spy game you saw was the Midship Detective Agency. You get a transponder that leads you around the ship to solve one of 3 mysteries that change every time you do them. It is a good way to tour the ship, and the interactive art is fun to see.

Gotta love those aft balconies! Seemed like ours had somewhat less of an overhang than yours, but we were up on 7 & 8. I also think they're using a smaller flag than the one we saw. When we were in 7192 looking down, it looked like the flag was blocking the view from the cabin next to yours. I'll have to see if I have pictures, but it's more likely that I was trying to keep the flag OUT of my pictures!

Thanks for the info on the game, I might just have to do it next time. Yeah you are correct, the flag used to be huge!!!! But after I booked I was going over pictures and noticed that it was much smaller now, so that is why it really did not bother me that much. The small flag actually looks really nice.

Ahh, here it is! I am so sorry that I am so late to the party. As you know, I was busy at orientation all day and worked all day on Monday. Of course I catch up on your review at 1:50 AM and I have to be up at 5:00 AM to go to Chicago...:( But it's a Gambee review, it is worth it and I suppose I can sleep on the way there! :p

Your photos are bringing back such great memories. Even though I have never sailed this class, there are many similarities to the Wonder. It was our first cruise, a 4 night to see if we would like cruising (obviously we caught the cruise bug, lol!). I remember the year long wait was the most painful wait ever! I think the only main things I remember is our name being called, the yellow water slide I was on EVERY day, the palette restaurant, the sail away party on top of the Goofy pool (I couldn't believe the pool could turn into a floor, ahh I wish I was really young and naive again!), and Castaway Cay! It was also a cruise I cherish because it was back when our family was all together.

Interesting that your picture of the clocks telling the time of parks around the world was focused on Tokyo Disneyland, I want to go there SO bad! The Disney resort in Tokyo is supposedly the best in the world, especially Disney SEA. Hopefully some day soon but it is hard to plan a land trip when you are obsessed with cruising! :D

I am so sorry to hear about Milo, so cute and I love the name! Hang in there and of course remember all of the great memories you got to create with the one and only Milo.

And finally, I think I know why you love the Disney ships so much! Well at least I know why and I bet you would agree, the level of detail on these ships is impeccable. It's kind of weird to pay attention to but even the tile is gorgeous everywhere on the ship, especially in the area of the murals of Nemo!

Oh and thanks for the credit with the banner, you didn't have to do that! I am glad I could contribute to one of the great Gambee reviews! :)

It feels good to be writing on a fresh, new review! Hi Bugsy, Shaun, and Gwen! Nice to see you here! :cool:

Can't wait for more.

Thanks for the Kind words Mike, the best of luck on college!

I think it is a combination of many factors, Disney just does everything right and how it should be done. It was a really nice experience, I would sure love to try one of their 2 smaller ships.

I will see you around!

After sail away we went up to the lido deck for a little walk, we noticed that they were almost done with the cleaning from the party. We also picked up some food from the pool food station. I have more pictures later on, but basically there are 3-4 stations with food at tall times. Most of the food there was really good, the only one that I did not enjoy was the pizza.

DisneyDreamday1-305_zpsf990522b.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-306_zps4569d119.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-308_zps1408ad77.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-309_zps515172a2.jpg

Sarah loved hers.

DisneyDreamday1-310_zps5783774a.jpg

That was a BLT with brie.

DisneyDreamday1-311_zps3c141270.jpg

I too have had to do the compassionate thing for my precious Sandy. She too was very old and in the process of dying and so to ease her suffering we had to unselfishly let her go and help her die with grace. At least she as well as your precious pet is no longer suffering. You did a very hard but kind thing and I am sure your little one was very grateful. MY thoughts and sympathy is with you.

For those of you following my reviews, you might remember that my mom lost one of her crocks on the Breakaway cruise. But no need to worry she went back to the store and ordered another pair of the same model.

DisneyDreamday1-307_zpsc67dfc29.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-312_zps01bb597d.jpg

After we finished our food we decided to go for a little walk and finish exploring the ship. The main pool area was packed, and that is pretty much how it remained for the rest of the cruise.

DisneyDreamday1-313_zps95ac0b35.jpg

That current line in the aquaduck is over 30 minutes.

DisneyDreamday1-314_zps1f3d3523.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-315_zps63a606b1.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-316_zpsdbc2a4b4.jpg

As for the Aquaduck, the line averages 30 minutes plain and simple. Granted I never did 30 minutes of line and I think I rode it 3-4 times. There are gaps when you can fully avoid the line. Late at night when the shows are going on is a great time. Also on Castaway Key from about 9am-2pm should be somewhat decent. But don't expect to ride while on Nassau, that was actually our original plan. But we soon found out that about half of the ship had the same idea that we had of staying aboard in Nassau…

So How is it? We all enjoyed it a lot, but I just don't think I would do the 30 minute line for it ever! But overall it is a great addition to a great ship. My mom loved it, because she can only go on rides that have a flotation device in them. They are usually too rough for her skin. They kind of bother me as well to. Needless to say she never went on any slides on Breakaway.

DisneyDreamday1-318_zps1fb3ef55.jpg

We keep on walking towards the aft of the ship until we got to the mini golf, foosball and tennis tables. I won on foosball, but I soon realized that I was a complete disaster at mini golf. Both times I lost and Sarah won. We had a lot of time playing up there. Personally I though that this mini golf looked so much better than any other minigolf on a ship I have ever seen. It is much easier for Disney to create a minigolf with charters that they already own. Although I think NCL should of used the sponge Bob theme on theirs, I am really not sure why they did not. As the RCCL should use the madagascar theme in their ships mini golf.

DisneyDreamday1-319_zps60ec41b0.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-321_zps46a9fd6b.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-322_zpscb22dc79.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-323_zpsa2d5d518.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-324_zpsadd112f0.jpg