Beer on the beach???

sydney dog

Was planning on renting a car, picking up some beers and finding a nice beach(before someone flames me we have a designated driver). Are you allowed to just hang on a beach with your beers. I'm used to jersey where that is a big no no!!

Was planning on renting a car, picking up some beers and finding a nice beach(before someone flames me we have a designated driver). Are you allowed to just hang on a beach with your beers. I'm used to jersey where that is a big no no!!

It is LEGAL to have an open container of alcohol on the beach.

Keep in mind that the cost of alcohol will be higher than you're accustomed to due to duty and exchange on US to CI $$. It wasn't a big difference for us Canadians, because our alcohol costs are already around CI prices. But some folks from Texas in our hotel were commenting on the price difference.

We ended up with Caybrew or 345 (made by the same brewery and pronounced TREE four five if you want to sound like an islander, lol) because it was cheap. White Tip was a bit pricier. Hollandia is was also a decent price. There's a few liquor stores along SMB if that's where you're headed...Blackbeards, Big Daddy's, Jacques come to mind.

Archived