Hotel View of Pride- Baltimore

IMKTDQT810

Hello,

I'm still trying to figure out a hotel for when we go on a ship tour in a few weeks. It will be a 5 hr drive in and we were considering Frederick,MD (thanks to everyone that suggested it on my other thread). But after much thought, I would rather do the 5 hrs and be "right there" since after the 4.5 hour ship tour we will be driving home that night. So the closer the better. I was wondering if anyone has stayed in a hotel close enough to the port that you saw the ship in the morning? I know I would have to try and request a certain side of the hotel at check in....but I thought it was worth asking about. Thanks!!!

Hello,

I'm still trying to figure out a hotel for when we go on a ship tour in a few weeks. It will be a 5 hr drive in and we were considering Frederick,MD (thanks to everyone that suggested it on my other thread). But after much thought, I would rather do the 5 hrs and be "right there" since after the 4.5 hour ship tour we will be driving home that night. So the closer the better. I was wondering if anyone has stayed in a hotel close enough to the port that you saw the ship in the morning? I know I would have to try and request a certain side of the hotel at check in....but I thought it was worth asking about. Thanks!!!

the pier is nowhere near the hotel districts. it is industrial. the airport area is about 20 minutes away which is closest.

Agreed. I would recommend staying in the Inner Harbor area. It's a nice place to get to know the Baltimore and its very close to the port. We have stayed at the Radisson Lord Plaza ($90-awesome), which was pretty decent and not too expensive, and the Sheraton which of course is nice.

Don't go too far West in the City (past Eutaw Street) For dinner you could go to the touristy places in the Inner Harbor or if you wanted to put down some $$ you could walk East and head into Little Italy, which has some amazing places to eat. (I enjoy Aldos Restaurant on S. High St., but you can walk around the few blocks that comprises Little Italy and look at all the menus and decide for yourself!)

The airport area is an option, but you will be out in the suburbs and there isn't much to do out there (believe me, I went to UMBC, which is very close to the airport! :p) If you do, the DoubleTree there is nice and really inexpensive. We stayed there the last time we flew to MD for a Ravens game, and had an early flight the next day so we were only there from like 1AM - 5AM but it was clean and safe and the bed was super comfy. There is a Denny's attached to the lobby, I believe.

the pier is nowhere near the hotel districts. it is industrial. the airport area is about 20 minutes away which is closest.

Correct. No close hotels with a port view. The only one that might possibly give you a good shot would be a top floor room at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront in the Harbor East area. The Harbor East area is on the east side of the Inner Harbor.

Archived