City Inn Westminster

We are coming into London on July 13th at 620am and wanted to see a bit of London before leaving on July 14th for the Jewel of the Seas in Harwich. Our cruise documents say we will arrive at the hotel at 3PM. We have a transfer to the hotel. Has anyone done this? Will we be taken to the hotel and be able to store our luggage or will we really get to the hotel at 3Pm?

I can't see any reason why it should take you from 6.20 am to 3 pm to get to the hotel. If the cruise line keeps you hanging around for too long waiting for a transfer, I would just abandon them and go into town under your own steam. Once you're there, the hotel will almost certainly be happy to look after your bags while you go and explore, if they don't have a room ready for you straight away.

My guess is that your arrival to the hotel really means the time you can check-in. Many hotels have standard check-in times of around 3 or 4 pm. You can probably go to the hotel and see if early check-in is possible. If it's not, then they'll probably allow you to leave your luggage and you can return at 3 pm to check in and get your room.

Archived