Can I make this flight?

hannahsmomtoo

HI all :)

SO..

The earliest flight that Carnival allows you to enter on their "post cruise transfer" reservations is 130...(Galveston )

Our flight is at 1230

Should I ..

A. Enter 1230 on the form, use Carnival transfers... Get there in plenty of time

or

B. Self disembark and take a Taxi to Hobby?

The ONLY other feasible flight is at 630pm and we dont want to stay in Texas all day...

I know I am taking a risk because there can be customs delays / mechanical issues etc

Thoughts?

I can't imagine anyone NOT wanting to spend the day - or a lifetime! - in our great state... :D

In all seriousness, as long as there are no issues and you self-disembark with your luggage, you should have no trouble at all and make it there with plenty of time to relax. That being said, I have no idea how their shuttles work, like how long you'd have to wait before actually leaving for the airport. And I'm kind of confused -- if the earliest available choice for flight is 1:30, how could you enter 12:30 instead? A taxi might be the best bet, or a private shuttle service.

The biggest factor could be weather, depending on when you cruise -- fog can be a big huge delay-causer, mostly January through March. I would just make sure you have trip insurance. Have a great cruise! :)

-gina-

I can't imagine anyone NOT wanting to spend the day - or a lifetime! - in our great state... :D

In all seriousness, as long as there are no issues and you self-disembark with your luggage, you should have no trouble at all and make it there with plenty of time to relax. That being said, I have no idea how their shuttles work, like how long you'd have to wait before actually leaving for the airport. And I'm kind of confused -- if the earliest available choice for flight is 1:30, how could you enter 12:30 instead? A taxi might be the best bet, or a private shuttle service.

The biggest factor could be weather, depending on when you cruise -- fog can be a big huge delay-causer, mostly January through March. I would just make sure you have trip insurance. Have a great cruise! :)

-gina-

:)

I would be entering 130pm ( fibbing ) to get the transfer.. but I agree that a cab is probably best..

Thank you !

HI all :)

SO..

The earliest flight that Carnival allows you to enter on their "post cruise transfer" reservations is 130...(Galveston )

Our flight is at 1230

Should I ..

A. Enter 1230 on the form, use Carnival transfers... Get there in plenty of time

or

B. Self disembark and take a Taxi to Hobby?

The ONLY other feasible flight is at 630pm and we dont want to stay in Texas all day...

I know I am taking a risk because there can be customs delays / mechanical issues etc

Thoughts?

While I usually follow the cruise line's advice, I think you'll be able to make that flight. I'd self disembark and take the taxi to Hobby. I'm not sure why they're going with 1:30 PM, as the earliest time? We've always had 11:30 AM to Hobby. Are you sure you're not looking at the time's from Galveston to Bush airport instead of Hobby?

Archived