How far out have you booked?

What is the farthest out that you have booked a cruise?

We recently booked for February 06 (200+ days) and think that is still pretty far out. But hanging out on the boards I have noticed some out even further. :eek:

So...what is the farthest for you? Why did you do it so far out? Specific ship? Specific date? Specific cabin?

Just wondered. :confused: Thanks!

What is the farthest out that you have booked a cruise?

We recently booked for February 06 (200+ days) and think that is still pretty far out. But hanging out on the boards I have noticed some out even further. :eek:

So...what is the farthest for you? Why did you do it so far out? Specific ship? Specific date? Specific cabin?

Just wondered. :confused: Thanks!

400 plus days.. group cruise.. special rates great people..

Generally 12-14 months ahead of time. I'm less interested in a specific cabin than in a specific type. Since I am a solo cruiser, I want a 1A for the lower "single supplement". Less than two weeks after my forthcoming cruise "opened for booking", 1A was only being sold on a guar. basis

We have one booked for next October!! Yes thats October of 2006!!! WSe normally dont book out that far but its one of the cruise critic cruises.. so it'll be worth it.. fortunately we are doing a small 4 day one in January 2006 and will be doing another one next year before the October cruise.. I couldnt wait that long if it was the only one we were doing...

We booked on May 26th for the Thanksgiving cruise on the new Carnival Liberty for November 2006. This one I did so early because there was a specific room that I wanted and there is only 2, yes 2 on board. There are like 40 of them in the same category, Suites Cat11, but only 2 of them in a particular place on the ship. It looks as though it may be a little bigger and the room looks as if it may be like half moon shape rather than boxxy....if you catch my drift. So, we were able to get this specific room and place and the other one was grabbed up by the folks we are traveling with. I kinda like to plan in advanced as then I can pay them down a little at a time. Unfortunately I was blessed with a state job (decent money, but not fantastic) and a desire to go back to school at the age of 30 something...so I now have student loanss. Therefore the cruise becomes like a monthly payment and we just stick out a piggy bank, if you will, to collect our spending money for the next year and a half!!! Works!!

This will be our third cruise and I am HOOKED.

We booked our August 2006 cruise last month. We're going with another family and wanted 2 balcony cabins next to each other (so we can have the divider taken out), and also a quad right across the hall. All set!

This cruise we booked almost a year in advance. We look at the time of year (snow/ice) and go to the sweet sunshine:) We also go with other people and try to work around everybody's schedule. We also look at itinerary. Our last 3 cruises we have done the western carribean every time so it was definitely time for a change. Happy cruising:D

We booked in April of this year for a Thanksgiving '06 cruise. Why? A) I had the "cruise bug" and HAD to book something! :D B) We had the money for the deposit and wanted to put it down before we spent it; C) Wanted to take advantage of Carnival's military discount before it went away; D) Wanted plenty of time to pay it off.

We just booked two cruises on Friday...one for March 2006, and one for June 2006. We're pretty limited as to when we can travel because I work for a school system.

Prior to this, the earliest we had booked was about 6 months out. Both of these cruises sure seem like a long way away!

We have already booked trips for January and April 2007!

We do it to get the room we want and to schedule our vacations at work. 28_1_16.gif

We deal with a TA that honors all reductions in rates and keeps an eye on that for us. 7_6_4.gif

We were so impressed with our first cruise experience, on Celebrity's Constellation, that we booked our next cruise, 2 years ahead!

After taking the second cruise, we are hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, we booked our 3rd cruise, only 11 months ahead, for January 2006.

(Destiny).

Waiting 2 years, for the next cruise, seems unbearable, now that we have had a "taste" of cruising.

for both of my alaskan cruises on the carnival spirit i have booked 13 months out ( as soon as the bookings could be made ). the first time ( my first cruise i ever took ) i went with a 1a gurentee riviera deck and got upgraded to a 4a on the main deck ( at the back of the ship, a great cabin #4233 ). this May we had a specific cabin requested ( an oceanview #1200 on the riviera deck ) and when we got to the dock we had been upgraded to a balcony on the the verandah deck. a six deck upgrade. wow, it was fantastic. i couldnt beleive it. i am hooked on balconies from now on. i am planning a cruise for the fall of 2007 to canada/new england and will book again as soon as i can do so. and i am going to stick with carnival for the best upfront cost of the cabin and the great ship i will be on. i get the best price booking this early ( i have yet to see the price of the cabin i have choosen go down on the cruiseline site ) and so far the upgrade fairy has been very good to me. i will take my chances again with a gurentee for a balcony and see what i get ( i am a gambler at heart ). i save money and still get a fantastic cruise. and the price of the cabin is paid off on my credit card by the time i go :D .

We booked in June 2005 for a June 2006 Cruise. I didn't think this was too far in advance. We did it because this cruise will be our honeymoon and since we already knew exactly when our honeymoon is, it was easy to see what cruise we wanted and we might as well book it so we can start paying it off. With the wedding, there's a ton of other things that must be paid off, too. Now, I'm waiting for the airlines to show their flights then, so I can book that, too.

Valor- June 11, 2006

Beth

We haven't officially booked yet (work for a school district in Kansas and am waiting on the courts to decide if Kansas will even have school this year...so I may be jobless for a few days or longer.) :(

But we have chosen the date and ship and are just waiting till the job situation clears up before I book. We are doing it 19 months out because we can make the down payment and make payments without charging it to our credit card.

Archived