Ideas for something different in St. Lucia!

beachlover98

Visiting St. Lucia for the 7th time this December. Previous visits have been with either one of my kids or my husband. I've done the "full island tour" three times, catamaran sail down to the Pitons, ziplining and just this past January, climbed Gros Piton with my husband. That climb was a blast. It was hard work but the views are breathtaking!

Every day spent in St. Lucia was wonderful, but am looking for something new. Anyone have any ideas of something new to try? I'm traveling solo on this particular cruise so I need something where I won't have any safety concerns.

Thanks for any suggestions!

• 6 months later...
Visiting St. Lucia for the 7th time this December. Previous visits have been with either one of my kids or my husband. I've done the "full island tour" three times, catamaran sail down to the Pitons, ziplining and just this past January, climbed Gros Piton with my husband. That climb was a blast. It was hard work but the views are breathtaking!

Every day spent in St. Lucia was wonderful, but am looking for something new. Anyone have any ideas of something new to try? I'm traveling solo on this particular cruise so I need something where I won't have any safety concerns.

Thanks for any suggestions!

So what did you end up doing? We are also looking for something different. Will do a beach day if we can't come up with anything else, probably Ti Kaye :confused:

So what did you end up doing? We are also looking for something different. Will do a beach day if we can't come up with anything else, probably Ti Kaye :confused:

I ended up getting a day pass to Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort. I tried getting a day pass to the Rendezvous (also an all-inclusive couples-only resort) but they wouldn't sell to just one person. Was kind of surprised as I'd heard from various places (including cruise critic message boards) of various people getting passes without necessarily being a "couple". Anyhow, Sandals obviously has a different policy as they were happy to have me!

I had a positively lovely day. Except for one passing shower, the weather was perfect. The grounds at the resort are very beautiful and are immaculate! Included was a great lunch and drinks all day so that was really nice. There were plenty of loungers around the beautiful pools and on the beach. I spent my day lounging by the pool, walking the beach, eating and drinking and soaking up the sun! It was a great day. I wondered if I was gonna feel "out of place" being alone and not part of a couple like most everyone else around, but it was fine. I pretty much kept to myself (my choice) and had the most relaxing day.

If I ever visit St. Lucia again on a solo cruise I would definitely consider going back. I ended up booking it through a company that provided the day pass along with RT transport for a fee. Considering it was just myself, it worked out cheaper than paying the RT taxi for just one. Someone met me right at the pier, then pulled up in a BMW and whisked me off to the resort. He was back to pick me up right at the designated time to return to the ship. Very nice, and very convenient!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

• 2 weeks later...
I ended up getting a day pass to Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort. I tried getting a day pass to the Rendezvous (also an all-inclusive couples-only resort) but they wouldn't sell to just one person. Was kind of surprised as I'd heard from various places (including cruise critic message boards) of various people getting passes without necessarily being a "couple". Anyhow, Sandals obviously has a different policy as they were happy to have me!

I had a positively lovely day. Except for one passing shower, the weather was perfect. The grounds at the resort are very beautiful and are immaculate! Included was a great lunch and drinks all day so that was really nice. There were plenty of loungers around the beautiful pools and on the beach. I spent my day lounging by the pool, walking the beach, eating and drinking and soaking up the sun! It was a great day. I wondered if I was gonna feel "out of place" being alone and not part of a couple like most everyone else around, but it was fine. I pretty much kept to myself (my choice) and had the most relaxing day.

If I ever visit St. Lucia again on a solo cruise I would definitely consider going back. I ended up booking it through a company that provided the day pass along with RT transport for a fee. Considering it was just myself, it worked out cheaper than paying the RT taxi for just one. Someone met me right at the pier, then pulled up in a BMW and whisked me off to the resort. He was back to pick me up right at the designated time to return to the ship. Very nice, and very convenient!

Would you mind sharing the company name that you used to book your Sandals day pass with? You can post it publicly, send it in a private message or email me at jking75150@gmail.com. Thank you!

• 1 month later...

If anyone is still interested, I booked my day pass to the Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort through a company called "Island Routes". The price for the day pass including transport to and from the cruise ship was $130. I think the day pass would have been $100 if booked directly through the resort and since it was just myself, I think I saved a bit because I believe the taxi would have been higher than the extra $30 I spent.

The only downside to booking the way I did was I paid at the time of booking and unless I cancelled prior to the ship's sail date, it would have been nonrefundable.

A few weeks before our spring break cruise, I also was looking for something different to do. This was our third visit and we had already done a half-day ship tour and an all day island tour that included waterfalls, the volcano, and snorkeling and beach time by the Pitons.

I wanted to go somewhere new and didn't know if we would have any luck hiring a guide at the dock. I didn't get any answers here, and when we got off the ship, we still had no idea what we were going to do

The very first person we saw when we were walking into the building that the dock leads into was a representative from Cosul tours. He was holding a sign for all the people who had signed up for their tours. I knew they offered a great all day tour to all the places we've already seen, but we didn't want to do that again. We chatted with him about what type of activities we were looking for. We wanted to go to Marigot Bay for a few hours and maybe go to see some local artisans. He told us about Caribelle Batiks, which has long been on my wish list of places to go on another island. I didn't know they also had a place in St. Lucia.

Anyway, the rep offered to hook us up with a driver/guide to take us where we wanted to go for $50 each (for two if us). We agreed and had a wonderful, custom-made tour with a great guide for just us. We went to Caribelle Batiks and had a private tour just for us right before a large group tour arrived. We also went to Eudovic's Art Studio to see custom woodworking, and a few scenic stops before our guide dropped us off for a few hours at Marigot Bay for some beach time and shopping. When we were ready, he drove us back to port.

I had no idea Cosul offered private tours, but we hit the jackpot because it was exactly what we were looking for- something different to do.

Can you share the company you booked Sandals with and which Sandals Resort you went with?

Sorry should have read a few posts down, see the info thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gracie65