Labadee?

Labadee was a great time. There are several beaches...the ones farthest from the tender dock are less crowded. A buffet/BBQ lunch is set up by the cruise line. Think it depends what size ship you are on for how many locations the food is offered. On voyager class ships, the lunch is at 3 locations, and within a few yards to all the beaches. Cocktail hut and waiters walking around with drinks. Lounge chairs and hammocks at no cost. For a fee: aqua-park, parasailing, wave runner rentals, kayaking, floatation mat, snorkel gear, and there is also a market with local folks selling crafts (pretty aggressively if you go in). But can certainly just relax and spend nothing. We tipped one of the local employees for moving some of the lounge chairs (they are heavy, and it is a very poor country), rented a thick flotation mat for $10 all day, and had a couple of drinks...so about $25 for the day. Was the most relaxing day of the vacation.

Yes, the first time I went I had no cash, I had no money to tip the locals and I felt bad. But you can spend the day and not spend a dime and have a wonderful time. It is breathtakingly beautiful and tranquil.

I would advise going to any other beach but the main beach. It gets VERY crowded. Start to wait for the tender bout 30 mins before it opens or wait bout an hour after the tenders get started. You will avoid the huge crowds.

If anyone wants a hair braid NEGOTIATE. Lunch is pretty good and the water is very nice

Archived