Where can I opening wine?

chanpion13

Kind of why we bring a box of wine on the ship with us. No worries.

Well now that makes me feel better - my wine has a screw cap! (this doesn't alleviate the glass issue, but does the corkscrew issue)

A little bit off topic but I thought this may be new and some good info for someone. I ordered bottles through BV yesterday and at the end of my purchase I had to agree to only drink it in my stateroom and check the box. Is this new ? They always allowed you to bring a drink in the MDR for dinner

If you use their glasses to mix a drink or pour wine into how are they supposed to know where that drink came from that you are carrying around? Many people sit at the bars that are so conveniently located by the MDR doors waiting for the 'cattle call' and simply slide off the bar stool with drink in hand. I certainly do not think they are going to stop you and ask to see the receipt when you walk into the MDR.

And wine in that plastic cup on Lido by the pool while on vacation tastes just fine. :p Just sayin'

If you use their glasses to mix a drink or pour wine into how are they supposed to know where that drink came from that you are carrying around? Many people sit at the bars that are so conveniently located by the MDR doors waiting for the 'cattle call' and simply slide off the bar stool with drink in hand. I certainly do not think they are going to stop you and ask to see the receipt when you walk into the MDR.

And wine in that plastic cup on Lido by the pool while on vacation tastes just fine. :p Just sayin'

Im sure I wouldn't be stopped just wanted to point out something new that I have never encountered before

Maybe they have big brother watching now.

We generally bring on a box and ask room steward to make sure we always have 4 white wine glasses in our cabin and take them filled with wine to dinner or elsewhere.

Would not take them anywhere near a pool for obvious reasons.

Maybe they have big brother watching now.

We generally bring on a box and ask room steward to make sure we always have 4 white wine glasses in our cabin and take them filled with wine to dinner or elsewhere.

Would not take them anywhere near a pool for obvious reasons.

I agree, one broken glass or bottle can ruin a whole lot of other peoples vacations

However their own bars will pour into glass wine glasses including the one by the aft pool. Always struck me as strange.

I wonder if anyone has tripped or lost a flip flop and shattered a wine glass by the pool.They would have changed that policy already I guess

According to what I was told, BV wine is delivered to your roomwith a corkscrew, but I have no faith in that being correct. However, since it is their wine, the bars will open it, but I dont always want to make a trip to the bar if I am preparing for dinner.

I have a variety of corkscrews, but not sure I can get them past the airport screeners. I will have no problems on our next cruise, since it is all BV wine, but wanted to alert others that the former days of carrying on two bottles and enjoying them for free are gone if by chance you forgot your corkscrew. Jeez.

The Bon Voyage gifts department is not called that any longer, but everyone stillcalls it that. Great for new folks, huh? If you go to CCLs site, look for Fun Shops and you can order all sorts of goodies there in addition to wine and liquor.

You should be able to openthere wine without problem. We are ultra light packers too - the only way to go IMHO.

forgive the beginner question here but:

1) where can i order wine from this BV place? is it online?

2) is it confirmed they charge you for a corkscrew?

we are traveling VERY light, only carry-on bags.

No worries, Carnival's online 'fun shops' has a variety of products that you can purchase for your cruise prior to sailing, including booze. Be prepared though, because their liquor is VERY expensive :cool:, but the good thing is it's delivered right to your cabin and is waiting for you when you board.

You can access the online shopping site via your 'manage my cruise' account on Carnival's website. Hope this helps! ;) :)

i'm looking at the carnival BV (fun shop). is there a fee for ordering from here like taxes or extra? i am confused. is there anything to stop me from ordering a bottle of vodka and then free tomato juice from room service to make bloody marys?

i'm looking at the carnival BV (fun shop). is there a fee for ordering from here like taxes or extra? i am confused. is there anything to stop me from ordering a bottle of vodka and then free tomato juice from room service to make bloody marys?

I don't recall exactly from my purchase, but I'm pretty sure the purchases are tax free with no fees, so the price you see is what you pay. There's nothing at all to stop you from ordering that bottle of vodka and your mixers from room service. ;) :)

I believe if it comes while at port or inside the 3 mile limit you pay sales tax.

If room service offers tomato juice (dont remember) no reason not to do this

I believe if it comes while at port or inside the 3 mile limit you pay sales tax.

If room service offers tomato juice (dont remember) no reason not to do this

I also believe that this is correct. We ordered two bottles for our upcoming cruise and when we had to pick a delivery time, I opted for the first night and we were not charged any sales tax for our order.

I also believe that this is correct. We ordered two bottles for our upcoming cruise and when we had to pick a delivery time, I opted for the first night and we were not charged any sales tax for our order.

I just ordered a few days ago and I too had to pick a time ,I chose when we arrive and was charged sales tax

We took a bottle or two of champagne to dinner each night on the Miracle last month. My nephew told our server that he would open it himself. We never got charged! Helps to tip the server well each night. (we canceled all prepaid tips and did our own tipping to the servers and our room stewards - that way we made sure they got the tips)

We took a bottle or two of champagne to dinner each night on the Miracle last month. My nephew told our server that he would open it himself. We never got charged! Helps to tip the server well each night. (we canceled all prepaid tips and did our own tipping to the servers and our room stewards - that way we made sure they got the tips)

If you had to Tip the waiter extra for this, well then you did pay your corking fee, by way of extra tip.

Just saying:)

The tax issue depends on the port. Fot our upcoming cruise there was no tax, but we are sailing from Dover. Also, if you notice, the price through BV is more than the onboard price, but that is because the OB price will have an additional 18% gratuity added to it. So, it is actually the same. Thought I would throw that in just to add to the confusion :p

Would be nice if they told you this at time of order but suspect they dont

No they didn't

Its was only an extra $10 for the tax and I wanted to have it when we arrived

The strangest part was the terms I had to accept to consume my order only in my room before my order was placed and could only buy 2 bottles .That's another head scratcher for me lol.$75 for a bottle of Bacardi and they set a limit :)

They are trying to make a profit right ;)

I bring a small bottle opener with me and open it in my room. I also buy wine in the MDR, and drink a little more than half, and take the rest with me in order to use the glass for the wine in the cabin.

I agree that glasses/glass and pools don't mix.

Archived