Our Splendid Splendor cruise (with pics) 8/13/13

Jamman54

Great Review, love the pics.

Can you tell me if there were lots of hangers in the closet, just wondering if I need to bring a bunch for my wife's dresses. Thanks

Thanks for reading. Yes there are hangers, but according to Patti, not enough, so she brings some along with her. :)

The Splendor was my first photo review, followed by the Fantasy this past February. I plan on doing another photo review of our Liberty cruise in August.

I have done many of the "standard" reviews that can be found in the review section of this and several other forums. However, for some reason I never reviewed either of our Pride cruises.

We did take pictures though, and these can be seen by clicking the links below.

Pride-9/11/2011

Pride-12/25/2011

I totally enjoyed your review w/pics..............great job ! we were on the Splendor in Dec 2013 and loved it. You are so right about the friendly crew. We did not run into a single crewmember who was not smiling, friendly, and helpfull to us when we got lost. We luved the Splendor so much we are cruising again in 20 days. NYC to Boston, Portland, Saint John NB, and Halifax NC. Hoping that some of the same waitstaff is still on the ship. Can't wait to see them again as we had a blast in the MDR both the Black Pearl for anytime dining and the Pink Pearl for the SeaDay Brunch...........and by the way, the scrambled eggs have gotten better. Not sure if they switched brands or just doctored them up, but the were very tasty........eggs and filet mignon for breakfast with a side of mac n cheese ! Best Brunch EVAH ! ! ! ! !

• 1 month later...

Great review Jeff! I can't believe I'm just now reading this. I would love to sail from NY one day. Maybe I should try bingo on my cruise. LOL You'll be leaving the Splendor the day I'm getting on in 3 weeks, so leave her in good condition for me! :D

Great review Jeff! I can't believe I'm just now reading this. I would love to sail from NY one day. Maybe I should try bingo on my cruise. LOL You'll be leaving the Splendor the day I'm getting on in 3 weeks, so leave her in good condition for me! :D

Thanks for reading Kim. I think you will enjoy the Splendor, as for leaving her in good condition, I can't make any promises! :D

Thank you so much for your beautiful review! Hubby and I leave January 11th from Miami! First time on the Splendor and first time to Puerto Rico and Grand Turk!! Your photos were beautiful!

Thanks for reading. You will have a GREAT time on the Splendor. I'll be back on her in 10 days.

• 2 months later...
I saw you emailed the Maitre’d before your cruise. Where did you find his email? I would love to email him our preferance! AWESOME REVIEW and PICTURE BTW! We are sailing January 4th! CANT WAIT

The email for the Splendor Maitre'd is slmaitred@carnival. com.

• 1 month later...
Ryan and Mom……

A569_1280x960_.jpg

Ryan’s looking for some more fish…..

A570_1280x960_.jpg

The Splendor and tender full of passengers heading back to the ship….

A577.JPG

Now I’m going to give you the best piece of advice one could give you in regards to tendering back to the ship and avoiding long lines. If you are hell bent in getting back to the ship early than you must board a tender no later than two hours before the last scheduled tender. After that the lines will form, growing longer and longer as time goes on. We always stay to the end and have NEVER waited in line for a tender.

About a half hour before the last scheduled tender, we plop ourselves down at the Rumrunner Bar which is the closest to the tenders, (remember at the beginning of the day when I told you this bar would come into play?), and we sit and relax with a few drinks while we watch those poor, now extremely grumpy people, trudge along in line waiting to board a tender. We wait and take the very last tender back to the ship with the crew. The bar stays open to the very last moment, so when the crew leaves the bar, we just follow them onto the last tender, usually with one last drink in our hands!! Can’t be any easier!! So, in review, do you want to wait in a line like this?

A582.JPG

Or do you want to wait for a tender like I do?

A581.JPG

Class dismissed!! Our tender awaits!!!

A583.JPG

To be continued….

I found your reviews from a post about who had good reviews. I am really enjoying many of these old reviews. Sailed Splendor 3 times when it was sailing the Mexican Riviera. I absolutely LOVE your tender process. We've never been to this port but it is on our bucket list and I will definitely take your advice!

I found your reviews from a post about who had good reviews. I am really enjoying many of these old reviews. Sailed Splendor 3 times when it was sailing the Mexican Riviera. I absolutely LOVE your tender process. We've never been to this port but it is on our bucket list and I will definitely take your advice!

Thanks for reading!! I'll be doing at least three more reviews this year (Pride, Splendor, & Breeze). I'll get to wait for the tender again on my next two cruises!! :D

• 1 month later...

Great review! I was reading your Pride review -- we are cruising on the Pride, out of Baltimore, next January.

And then I found your Splendor review. :) We are cruising, out of Norfolk, on the Splendor to Bermuda.

We also booked the 11 day Vista Cruise of out NYC for 2017. We will finally make Platinum on this cruise.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such informative and entertaining reviews!

Great review! I was reading your Pride review -- we are cruising on the Pride, out of Baltimore, next January.

And then I found your Splendor review. :) We are cruising, out of Norfolk, on the Splendor to Bermuda.

We also booked the 11 day Vista Cruise of out NYC for 2017. We will finally make Platinum on this cruise.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such informative and entertaining reviews!

Thanks for reading. I try to make everyone feel that they are cruising right along with us.

• 2 weeks later...
Loved your review. We will be going on the Splendor in November 2015. I am sorry if I missed this, but is there smoking allowed in the Piano bar?

Thanks for reading!! The Piano Bar is smoke free.

Just booked the 4 night to Saint John, New Brunswick, from June 25-June 29, so I will be getting off the day you get on. Great review, Splendor looks like a beautiful ship! Thanks for writing this :D

I'm sure you will enjoy the Splendor. Have a great cruise!!

• 4 weeks later...