Fascination 8/24-8/29...

code_d

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

I had a couple Kalik beers that were $3 buck each. My daughter struck a bargain with a lady that sold her a great should bag, and 2 pieces of jewelry for $20 bucks. After some fun in the sun (though it did sprinkle a little while we were there of course- the theme of the day) we headed to the Senor Frogs for our port ritual visit!

We made it to the Frog and were sat near the front- a bit quieter compared to the bar area- nice since it was the family. I will say that last time we were here the service was not as good. This time was Outstanding! the drink special was tasty and the nachos perfect end of the beach day.

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

On the way back to the ship I stopped to get some Kalik to bring back to the states and went into the straw market. A lady had come out and talked to my wife so we walked in with her to her booth. The market is now in a new building, much nicer than before, not as hot- still hot though. Got a bunch of souvenirs and went back. When we got back my DW's feet were hugely swollen from all the stuff this week. She was in pain.

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

Can you pick out the feet on ice from the animals?

So made it to dinner and was not very hungry after those huge Nachos and drinks, but still worth going for the entertainment. Still did manage to eat though. The Lobster Bisque was not very good. I expected something more cheesy/creamy. I really wanted a burger and the dinning room burgers are pretty good, they put thick hickory bacon on them. The frog leg's were tasty. Of course there were the usual steak and potatoes for DW, and a chicken dish wth mac-n-cheese.

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

And a pear soaked in Brandi for desert for my DW.

IMG_0319.jpg

That night was the Lido Deck Dance Party. It was an hour of line dances then a couple hours of DJ dance music. We did a conga line that was videoed and emailed to the RCCL ship along side us, and they did the same thing to see who had the longest line. We had about 350 winding through the Lido decks. We partook in the dancing and had some Miami Vice drinks. I got to do the cigar under the stars right before with a nice Macanudo Cigar. The pool changes colors which looked cool.

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

The next day Sea Day. Just relaxed reading and eating. Did the Dinning Room breakfast and lunch today. Pretty boring I guess, but was nice and I had to get ready for driving the next day 13 hours straight. Right before Tea Time with my DD's I got us packed and ready for luggage to be put out.

Lunch was a Caribbean Red bean Soup. Needed much salt, then was good. The ribs were very good!

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

Dinner was awesome too. I had the Mahi Mahi, it was full of flavor!

IMG_0337.jpg

The chicken Parm was ok. Can not remember the app except was good.

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Dessert was baked Alaska- I never had it and thought was pretty good. Also the sherbet that is available everyday and everyone seemed to really like.

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Was DS birthday and they brought a special dessert for him and of course sang. Then more dancing that we all joined in.

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

Debarkation we were up and had a leisurely early breakfast in the dinning room. We then went to our spot for FTTF to leave early so we could get on the road. They said it would be 8:15 to meet. We did not get to debark until 9:30. There were apparently many self assists leaving, more than usual. We walked to the customer area where our luggage was all in area #1 and were out to the shuttle in about 10 min flat. Very easy! We then left the $8.00 parking 5 after that. We had a nice drive home and being the day time was nice to see the mountains this time.

I would give the cruise an overall A-. It seemed to lack some of the activities of cruises past, and there were a few poor experiences with a very few employees. But over all the staff treated us like royalty. The food was very good to fair. I did not encounter any that was poor. The ship as everyone says was immaculate! They were even replacing stair step carpet while we were there. Always someone cleaning something. The FTTF was worth every penny! Already have next cruise booked and got the FTTF for it. We probably do less than most on cruises but it works for us and are able to really relax. The kids loved it and can't wait till we book our next whole family cruise for next July. Thanks for reading.

Archived