Qm2 balcony cabin bc grade

Jospen

Is anyone able to help with the balcony cabins fwd on deck 12. They are under the sports centre... is it noisy? also are the balconies covered.

thanks ever so :)

Well any cabin underneath a public area is susceptible to overhead noise, in this instance the amount of noise would be dependent on the nature of the trip that you were contemplating. I imagine that the sports area would be more used on a warm weather cruise rather than a transatlantic crossing. Any noise would likely be concentrated during daylight hours though so your sleep shouldn't be interrupted. The balcony is a glass/plexiglass fronted one and the deck 13 extends over and above it.

Is anyone able to help with the balcony cabins fwd on deck 12. They are under the sports centre... is it noisy? also are the balconies covered. thanks ever so :)
Hi Jospen,

Here are the Deck 12 Balcony cabins (top row), with the "Sports Centre" on Deck 13 above.

QM2 On The Bridge (3)

As the cap'n says above, this should not be in use when you are likely to want to sleep.

Hope this helps, Bon Voyage! :)

Hi Jospen. You didn't mention the date of your voyage, but just to mention Categories BB and BC are switching after May 16, 2014 - Cat BB will be glass fronted balconies, Forward on Deck 12, and BC will be sheltered balconies, Midships on Decks 4,5 and 6.

Regards,

Salacia

Confused now. Cunard advised that the bc grade (light green) are fwd on 12. This is the world cruise 2015....she must have given me wrong info.:confused:

Thanks for the photo, really useful. It seems that all balconies are covered?

My original question re noise was asking specifically about the balconies under the sports centre. What type of floor is in there? I was hoping someone may have been one of the cabins below. Only once I have been in a cabin under the sun deck and the dragging deckchairs drove me mad! :eek:

Confused now. Cunard advised that the bc grade (light green) are fwd on 12. This is the world cruise 2015....she must have given me wrong info.:confused:

Thanks for the photo, really useful. It seems that all balconies are covered?

My original question re noise was asking specifically about the balconies under the sports centre. What type of floor is in there? I was hoping someone may have been one of the cabins below. Only once I have been in a cabin under the sun deck and the dragging deckchairs drove me mad! :eek:

Jospen, yes I believe you were given the wrong information regarding the cabin categories. A discussion of the change in categories can be found here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1860425 S.

Archived