Booking Prices from Different Countries

readytotravel44

I'm wondering how cruise prices vary from country to country. Here is my easy example. If you book a cruise from the US, that costs $500, based on the exchange rate of one pound = $1.56 today, would that same exact cruise be 321.07 pounds from the UK?

I ask this because we are hoping some very dear friends from the UK will join us on an upcoming cruise. I'm thinking the deal would be much better if we book it for them here. In the US we also able to benefit receiving OBC if there is a price reduction prior to final payment. I'm not so sure that happens if you book from the UK. Thoughts and personal experiences are greatly appreciated.

UK pricing reflects added mandatory insurance. They also have restrictions on getting a price drop refund. It might be better for them to book through YOUR U.S. travel agent and get all upgrades etc they will be entitled to.

Thank you. We will happily book it for them. Our UK friends will be checking prices on Tuesday, so we will have some better ideas.

We are from the UK and have found that the price through our US PVP is usally better than the price that the Carnival UK Website has.

However please note by doing this you can benefit from 'early saver' etc but you are risking what the exchange rate does unless you pay all the cost at once.

Archived