Does my 18 year old need to carry ID.

Tomo72

It would pay for your Daughter to take ID.

My Daughter was asked regularly for ID on P&O when we cruised for her Eighteenth birthday even though she had a blue card. She found it easier to carry her licence rather than having to make trips back to the cabin when ever she was challenged about her age.

After a while the wait staff remembered her but there always seemed to be someone new coming along.

Cheers.

Depending on the system and the staff and how old they look. Some times they can look the person up on the computers and check the photo that was taken when you go onboard. This saves on carrying another card. They will just take you name and cabin number. Although not all locations can do this, and they may ask for ID.

My source:

I am 19 now but apparently look younger then 15 to some people, so I had the experience a lot on recent cruises.

Definitely carry ID at least for the first day or two. We just cruised in July and on embarkation day, we were in Connexions and one of the 18yo's in our group went to buy a drink and was asked for ID. He was peeved and argued with the waiter about having a blue card BUT, as we pointed out to him, there is no proof that that was his card. Could've been his dads. The waiter suggested he carry ID with him for a couple of days until the pics were loaded.

Thanks for the advice.

Looks like we will find out for ourselves sooner than we expected.

I booked P336 today. At $599 each twin share for obstructed view I decided to splurge on a post HSC trip to reward her for hard study.

Archived