Upsell fairy ...ummmm no thanks

Jldevlin

First time on Carnival in 3 weeks .. just got the call to go from balcony to Ocean suite for 1300 for the both of us ... not going to happen. Can we counter offer ??? We have 10 sea days so a little extra room would be nice ...

$1300 is a lot. I took an offer from a Lido Balcony to an OS for $550 (instead of $1100 if we upgraded ourselves) for my fiancé and I on an 8 night out of NY. We had gone back and forth and we ultimately did it because we could get our FTTF refunded ($50), and we had some OBC we could put toward the cost ($100+), so it was going to be less than $200pp. Plus this is our last vacation before we have to start saving for our wedding. Yes, $400 can pay for one of our cheers cost, but to us, we usually can't afford a suite, so it was worth it.

Not that I'm saying to go for it, but for those pointing out the price, if there are 10 sea days this is clearly a longer cruise so the price will be higher. Still I wouldn't go that high. I'd counteroffer. The worst they can say is no.

Not that I'm saying to go for it, but for those pointing out the price, if there are 10 sea days this is clearly a longer cruise so the price will be higher. Still I wouldn't go that high. I'd counteroffer. The worst they can say is no.

Yes it works out to 43 a day per person .. that is more than our bar bill per day lol ... we are going to leave it .... we can fly to vegas and play there for a week with that money. It was nice to get the call tho ... our 10th cruise and our first with Carnival so we were a little surprised they called us . We are looking forward to trying Carnival .. we have a b2b booked on the conquest in february also.

Well we phoned back to counter offer ... we did not really want to move from the cabin we hand picked 6 months ago but we were curious if they would bite. Nope ..lol ... hubby said we wont pay that much but we would like to offer another price and they shot him down real quick .. told him that is was probably already gone and so they would not consider a counter ..we would rather get the cheers for the amount of seas days that we have and spend the money that way .Not that we are going to... well maybe lol

Jeez, the only reason I get better cabins than Riviera deck is from free upgrades... I don't care about the cabin, I don't spend much time there... can't imagine spending $1300 on top of a fare that I already paid, that alone is at least two cruises..

Archived