European Cruises-Would you go?

I Luv Crusin

What I would like to do is Cruise to Europe, do the Med for 12 days, and then cruise home.... I wonder what that would cost????

Have a look at HAL Maasdam. She is sailing round trip from Fort Lauderdale to the mediterranean. 25 Oct - 06 Dec 2013 and 31 Oct - 12 Dec 2014.

Both 42 days. Rates in 2013 from : Int 3999, OV 4399, Suite 8699, Balcony 10499.

Have a look at HAL Maasdam. She is sailing round trip from Fort Lauderdale to the mediterranean. 25 Oct - 06 Dec 2013 and 31 Oct - 12 Dec 2014.

Both 42 days. Rates in 2013 from : Int 3999, OV 4399, Suite 8699, Balcony 10499.

Wow! I will have to look into that.....Thanks!:D

I can honestly say of all the cruises I have been on I absolutely loved loved loved the European ones.Yes it was expensive between the airfare, private excursions and we also spent two days precruise in Rome for both cruises ,but its something I will never forget. Seeing all the amazing sights that you read about and now are there first hand, just amazing.

I am the opposite, having lived in Europe all my life and land holidayed there and in Africa as well europe bores me a little now. A carnival cruise round the Carribean seems exotic to us brits and the air fare is expensive as well.

My first cruise was a Baltic one which was wonderful but I do have my eyes set on a cruise that goes round Croatia (only place left I want to go in europe)for next year....wish it was Carnival.

I would say though that you really do not need to go on excursions for most European ports. With a few exceptions, most are easy to do on your own.

Maybe a Carribean/Mexican cruise in 2015.

Or sail around the world leaving from port near you.icon7.gif

We know we're going on a European (Baltic) cruise the summer after DH retires, so we're already saving for airfare and excursions plus a few extra days on either end of the trip - Ireland and/or London on one end, and a country we haven't been to yet on the other end. 5 more years!

Us too....come on 2016!!

I haven't given up on Carnival going back in 2015. Too early to say. :)

for some of us its our fear of flying.

Take a cruise over. :D

Been on one European cruise this year (Carnival Sunshine) and going again in a couple of weeks (Carnival Legend). Both times the air will be on FF miles.

Personally I think they pulled the plug too early. NCL for example have already sold out one of their European cruises on 16/08/14. Maybe they have gained all of Carnivals share of business.

There were loads of Breeze cruisers on my Sunshine cruise mostly Brits, i was really surprised st how many repeat cruisers there were. I think they just needed to try and do a better job with the advertising, here in Europe.

We loved our cruise and would happily cruise with them again in the Med. The prices with the other lines are very expensive, save for MSC whose ships look lovely, but the times of the stops in port look short, plus I can't seem to find that many positive posts.

A B2B on MSC is coming out more or less what we paid for Carnival this year.

I haven't given up on Carnival going back in 2015. Too early to say. :)

Take a cruise over. :D

Been on one European cruise this year (Carnival Sunshine) and going again in a couple of weeks (Carnival Legend). Both times the air will be on FF miles.

I concur that Carnival will probably sail in European waters again in 2015, however I looking at the Carnival Vista for 2016.

We had a fantastic time on our Baltic cruise. Yes, the airfare was a shocker, but it was worth it for the trip. We even paid for an upgrade on the flights to get more leg room. That was a lot of money but for the length of the flights it was worth it to us. The cruise itself was a very economical way to see several European countries. Ideally you would want to spend more time in each country, but being on the ship and not having to pack and unpack at each stop was great. Also having the comfort of the cruise ship and its amenities was a plus. I've stayed in some pretty horrible hotels in Europe for a lot more money. On the cruise, I was able to head back to the ship when I'd had enough while my husband could take more time in the various port cities. I'm so glad we booked this cruise for this year. I'm sorry that Carnival is giving up on Europe. And I'm sorrier that they're sending the Legend to Australia next year. I really like the Spirit class ships and we'll have lost two of them to Australia. :(

Archived