Just back from Sovereign of the Seas

Just a quick post about our cruise. We had a wonderful time.

Thought I would share a few thoughts from our trip...

We used Art's Shuttle from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral. They were great. The driver was waiting for us right in the baggage claim area of the airport with a sign bearing our name. He was very helpful and courteous and even drove us to a local store so we could pick up some water for the trip. On Friday he was waiting for us right where he said he would be. I would definitely recommend them and I would not hesitate to use them again.

We arrived at the port around 10:30 am and were on the ship within an hour. The boarding process was very simple. We did have a glitch in our dinner seating assignments. We were a group of 8 (4 moms and daughters), and 6 of us were seated in one dining room together; however, the other 2 were assigned the other dining room. A quick trip to the dining room at 1:00 pm settled this. They were able to put us all at the same table together -- no problem.

All of our meals were very good. The Windjammer was nice, but hard to find seating for 8 during peak times.

We were all on deck 7 with outside cabins. The cabins were fine. We knew they would be small, but we only had 2 people per room. That was not a problem. However, there definitely was a sewer smell in all of our bathrooms. It was not overwhelming, but it was definitely there. There was NO safe in our rooms. Also, a word of warning to those of you booked on this deck. Because this is the Promenade Deck, it is also the smoking deck. I have no problem with having a designated smoking area, but the doors to the outside were right next to our cabins and our first night was quite noisy. When the doors were opened, the wind would catch them and slam (and I mean SLAM) them shut. After several calls to Maintenance they did send someone up to work on them, but they really could not fix the problem. I think the hydraulics on the door need to be replaced. This noise is probably not a problem to those who have rooms further down the hall. But we heard the slamming until 3 am the first night. I did like having access to the Promenade. I would book this deck again, but definitely not near the doors to the outside.

Our room steward was great, our wait staff was excellent, and just about all other crew members were very friendly.

Enjoyed all the shows -- as did our teenage daughters. Plenty of activities to keep you busy. Long lines to the chocolate and midnight buffets -- get there early if you're going. The line was about 45 min. to an hour long when we got there.

Take a sweater, ladies!! The dining room and lounges were quite chilly -- uncomfortable so at times.

I would do this cruise again in a second. We had a blast. We were blessed with beautiful weather -- it couldn't have been nicer.

I can't wait to sail again with Royal Caribbean!

Are all the rooms on this ship the same? No safes in any of them? What do you do with your valuables? I am booked on the Sovereign for this Sept. and rely on the room safe for cash, passport jewelry and cameras.

I am so ready to go back on her again !!:p

Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

We were fortunate enough to not have had any problem with sewer smells.

We were in a JS, Deck 10, # 1058 and ours did have a safe.

I guess it depends on the cabin.

Alisha

Archived