Rui Palace vs British Colonial Beach Day

craftykitty

I'm trying to decide between these two places for a beach day in February 2014. It will be my Mother and myself for the day. We will just want to enjoy a relaxing day getting a bit of sun, some swimming (likely my mother will not get into the ocean), a couple of frozen drinks and a bit of food. Therefore this is not an all day party adventure.

Having said all that, for those of you who have visited these locations, which would be your preference (and why if you'd like to share).

Since you will be going in February, you might want to consider which has a heated pool. RIU beach will be a bit chillier than the harbour.

The Hilton has a heated pool. Not sure if RIU pool is heated. Maybe someone here can answer that.

Water temps in Feb run around 70/71 degrees.

Thank you everyone for all your help and advice. Temps in the 70s for those of us coming from Canada will be heaven....lol. Right now I think we are leaning towards Rui (this is after Mom decided last night she was paying for the excursion and wamted AI...lol).

I didn't have the heart to tell her I was going to pay, guess I'll treat for something else along the way.

Four of us just did the B.C. on Saturday. It was a very hot day-and we decided to keep it simple.

We bought the day pass at the desk -hotel and grounds are kept very nice. Pass was $65 , which included chairs, towels, umbrellas, use of pool, beach and non motorized water sports. (kayaks etc)

Yes, the beach area is small, and you are right across the way from the ships- but it was very clean, not crowded at all, and an easy walk.

This included $40 in food/drink vouchers -which bought each of us lunch - burger and fries and 2 drinks pp...

We did not use the pool - but that closes at 6pm --

It worked well for us- then we walked back to the ship around 5pm - got cleaned up, and came back to Senior Frogs for dinner and drinks.

hope that helps.

Archived