Entertainment on POA

ladybugk04

There are shows in the main theatre, some of them Polynesian themed. There is a luau one night. There's poolside music, Hawaiian crafts, etc. There is entertainment but there isn't as much as you'd find on a typical cruise because the itinerary is so port intensive. The majority of people spend the most of the day off the ship. We found that more often than not, we were too tired to go to the nightly shows and that's a common comment in a lot of POA reviews.

There are shows in the main theatre, some of them Polynesian themed. There is a luau one night. There's poolside music, Hawaiian crafts, etc. There is entertainment but there isn't as much as you'd find on a typical cruise because the itinerary is so port intensive. The majority of people spend the most of the day off the ship. We found that more often than not, we were too tired to go to the nightly shows and that's a common comment in a lot of POA reviews.

Agree - We spent almost all our time off the ship and I kept nodding off during the shows:( I don't even remember a Luau on board - I thought that was one of the excursions offered. They have a few shops, but they was in a weird, out of the way place on the ship that I didn't discover until near the end of the cruise. there were spa treatments, but no spa passes. In fact, the ship experience for us was the least memorable we have ever had except the Napali Coast sail by.

Agree - We spent almost all our time off the ship and I kept nodding off during the shows:(

This was our experience as well. We went to the Welcome Aboard show the first night (which was great fun) and then nodded off at the show the second night so we excused ourselves and took that as a sign that we should turn in early each night and maximize our on-island experience. We had a fantastic time on the ship, don't get me wrong, but we just didn't need the evening entertainment because apparently we turned into pumpkins. LOL!

Agree - We spent almost all our time off the ship and I kept nodding off during the shows:( I don't even remember a Luau on board - I thought that was one of the excursions offered. They have a few shops, but they was in a weird, out of the way place on the ship that I didn't discover until near the end of the cruise. there were spa treatments, but no spa passes. In fact, the ship experience for us was the least memorable we have ever had except the Napali Coast sail by.

Sorry, I should have been clearer about the luau. It is a ship sponsored event that does cost extra and is held off the ship (I think in Kauai?), but it did take the place of the onboard entertainment for that night. We didn't go because we had planned to attend the one at the Polynesian Cultural Center after the cruise, so that was a very quiet night on the ship.

I agree with you on the shipboard experience as well. The POA is still my favourite ship, maybe just because it was our first, but it's the one we spent the least amount of time on and when we got home from that trip, we realized that we had almost no pictures showing the inside of the ship. Most everything is from port or the upper decks.

I am so glad we aren't the only ones "pooped" by the Hawaii cruise experience - it is so port intensive with overnights,etc. that our days were just jam packed. There were also one or two nights we didn't even dine in the dining room, and all of our meals were early. Having the benefit of a rental car every day, we got our money's worth off the ship:)

• 2 weeks later...

We also were too tired to do any shows but we did start the cruise with the Pub Crawl which alot of fun and on the second night we found the wine bar which had "happy hour" and a nice guitar player so we would relax with a glas of wine, some nice music then have dinner and hit the sack as we knew the next day would be fun of adventure and we were exhausted!

We also were too tired to do any shows but we did start the cruise with the Pub Crawl which alot of fun and on the second night we found the wine bar which had "happy hour" and a nice guitar player so we would relax with a glas of wine, some nice music then have dinner and hit the sack as we knew the next day would be fun of adventure and we were exhausted!

We found the wine bar too...AND they had happy hour at the bar on the back of the ship.

Archived