Short Pride Review 6/26 - 7/3 sailing

klfrodo

Flew into Long Beach Airport a couple of days early. This has to be the cutest airport I've ever seen. No gates. Just walk down the stairs, through a small terminal, then outside to baggage claim.

Stayed at the Holiday Inn - Downtown. They have comp shuttle service within a 3 mile radius which includes the port. Hotel is OK. Nothing to rave about. No where close to eat except at the hotel. The other option is to take the shuttle to Rainbow Harbor (Near Port). Rainbow Harbor is a wannabe Bayside Marketplace in Miami. Lots of shops, restaurants, and touristy stuff.

Caught the shuttle down to the port around 9:30 or 10am. We have sailed out of Port Canaveral, Miami, New Orleans, and now Long Beach. Long Beach is by far the fastest and easiest.

When the shuttle dropped us off, a porter was right there to take our luggage. He then pointed to early checkin at the Queen Mary. Once we walked into the Queen Mary, there was someone there to guide us to the proper area. With Fun Pass, passports, and creditcard we were checked in with our S&S cards within 15 minutes. With proof as passengers we were then able to purchase discounted tickets to tour the Queen Mary.

After touring the Queen Mary, we got in the Zone 1(early checkin) line. People started boarding the ship around noon. We were in our cabin by 12:30.

THE SHIP

We were in 8270 an aft balcony cabin. We've had inside, ocean view, cat 11 suite, and now balcony. I'll never go below balcony but I am spoiled by the extra size of the suite. Didn't see our cabin steward for a couple of days, but everytime we left our cabin, when we came back, it was obvious they had been there. They were GREAT. The vibrations we felt was discomforting but we got used to it. It was better than being at work.

The ships decor is based upon Renisance (sp?) Art. If some nudity in forms of art offend you, don't sail on this ship. Don't go to the Vatican either. There's art there also.

We had a day at sea, then Cabo till 7pm, then Mazatlan till 6pm, then PV till 10pm, then 2 days at sea coming back. My son and I did the ATV tour in Cabo. I recommend it highly. The other 2 ports we just hired a taxi for a couple of hours to tour their city.

The weather was in the 60's in the Long Beach area at night, which made it very cool to be out on deck at night. Very hot in Mexico, which made for great nights out on deck.

We did join the Vacation Club on board (Thanks Brock) which gave us VIP privileges when debarking from the ship on the last day. We were off the ship by 9am.

Overall it was a good cruise. We enjoy sailing the Caribbean more. It's warmer. Long Beach is not a destination vacation in my opinion.

Gotta give a "shout out" to Kevin & Cathy, John & Lori, Ron & Kathy, and all the rest of the East Coast Gang.

By the way, I became a grandpa during the cruise (Verizon service does work in ports) to my grand daughter Peyton Olivia 7lbs 5oz, 20 in long

Any questions? ask away, I'll try my best

I'm not sure if it was the new mattress or not, but it was sure comfy.

No, the water slide was not open. I don't believe any of them are open during on going litigation.

Any more questions, lease ask

Archived