Need help driving to St Paul/Anitbes...Toll Roads?

llarsen

Hello,

We are renting a car in Cannes planning to visit St Paul de Vence, Nice and Antibes.

I notice on the Google Maps directions it says "Restricted Usage Rd and Partial Toll.

What does Restricted Usage Rd mean?

How do we pay the toll?

Any help is sincerely appreciated!

Hello,

We are renting a car in Cannes planning to visit St Paul de Vence, Nice and Antibes.

I notice on the Google Maps directions it says "Restricted Usage Rd and Partial Toll.

What does Restricted Usage Rd mean?

How do we pay the toll?

Any help is sincerely appreciated!

Not sure why Goggle uses (Restricted Usage Rd) but this is not a real issue. If you are going to use the A8/E80 Autostrade this is simply a major toll highway. They have toll booths that collect tolls and you will need to simply stop and pay the toll in Euros. Many Europeans (and tourists) like to use credit cards to pay tolls, but this has become problematic for Americans since France (and the entire world outside the US) have now adopted Chip/PIN EMV credit cards which are not compatable with the US issued magnetic strip cards. So your credit cards will not work in the automatic toll booth card readers. This is not a real problem as you simply go to a booth with a human and pay by cash. They human toll collectors might even accept a US issued credit card, but this always seems like a hit or miss thing.

Hank

Great! I was afraid Retricted Use Rd meant we would not be able to access the road.

I do have a chip/pin credit card, but will have Euros also, so it should not be a problem now that I understand.

Thank you so much!

Archived