Breakaway/Getaway Aft Penthouses

gschwartz001

Hi. MY DH and I just booked the Getaway for next summer. We booked an S6 on deck 9since those were the largest, but I am trying to understand the difference between all the Aft penthouses as I understand that the balcony size, bathrooms, setup etc all vary by deck.

I would greatly appreciate any info or photos from someone who has sailed in the S6 so I can better understand the differences and book the cabin that makes most sense for us. Thanks.

Gail

Hi. MY DH and I just booked the Getaway for next summer. We booked an S6 on deck 9since those were the largest, but I am trying to understand the difference between all the Aft penthouses as I understand that the balcony size, bathrooms, setup etc all vary by deck.

I would greatly appreciate any info or photos from someone who has sailed in the S6 so I can better understand the differences and book the cabin that makes most sense for us. Thanks.

Gail

Hi Gail. Deck 11 and 14 have the different setup. Those rooms have the balcony doors in the master bedroom and living room area. The other decks have balcony doors only from the living room and have the bathtub in front of the window. No window or balcony access from the master bedroom. And yes, the balcony's do vary in size on the different decks.

I personally loved the s6 on 14, because I wanted a window at least,in the bedroom. Also, I am always on the balcony and I did not want to have to keep walking by my sleeping children to get to the balcony. It depends on what is important to you. :)

Please look at the link the op posted. That will also be a huge help in your planning. Good luck. :).

Also, the above info is about breakaway. I know the getaway is her sister ship but there might be some changes. Maybe it will not be deck 11 and 14 that have a different setup. Unfortunately, you won't know that for sure until they finish building her. :(

Has anyone posted about deck 9 yet?

Oh my, I'm finally at 400 days! :eek:

I haven't seen any photos yet.....anxiously waiting myself! General feeling is that Deck 9 has the largest balcony. Which is amazing when you seen the photos for Deck 11 that have been posted. ;) :D

Archived