3 adults to a room?

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

It depends on the ship, if there's a couch in the cabin, that will be the 3rd bed (not a pullout, but made into a bed by removing the back cushions and adding sheets). Yes, you can do 4 adults in a cabin that is meant for 4 people, but it might be kind of tight and sharing one bathroom might not be the best thing.

we have done 4 to a room, 2 twins sofa bed and 1 pulldown. We take shower, then put on robe, come into room to do hair/makeup. then back in bathroom to dress. Some rooms have 2 pulldowns if no couch. 3rd and 4th person is the room is usually discounted quite a bit :D

3 of my 4 cruises have been 4 adults in an interior room. It's always been perfectly fine for me. I don't spend much time there anyway. You might have to workout a shower schedule, but it's never been a big issue. I grew up with one bathroom for 10 people so I guess 4 sharing is no biggie lol.

My next cruise is actually 5 ladies in one room (deluxe oceanview on the Dream).

You can have 4 adults in a cabin. It will help a lot if you divvy up storage space when unpacking, everyone agrees to keep their stuff picked up, and people only use the bathroom for tasks that need it (don't do hair and makeup in the bathroom.). An over the door shoe organizer will maximize storage space. You can assign each person a row of pockets.

Some people use the showers in the gym/spa especially when everyone comes back hot and sweaty from a port and wants a shower at the same time.

Depends on the ship and cabin. Search around for cabin pix with all the beds ready for the night.

We've done 3 many times in a cabin. Almost all in OV on the Fantasy class ships (Paradise, Elation & Inspiration) Did quads a few times when the kids were little. Also triples on the Spirit class.

This is what we have figured out---

--Pack lightly. There is usually 3-4 drawers in the vanity, 3-4 shelves in the closet and about 6 ft of rod space in the closet. Double and triple up on the hangars. If you need more, ask your steward. We find it easier to pack some things on a hangar. (We fold the hanged clothes in half and they fit fine in our 22" case.)

Suitcases get stored under the beds.

Cabin Storage--There are usually hooks next to the upper bunks. We use a pocket holder (shoe holder) as a nightstand for the one (me) in the bunk. Once I'm up for the night I only come down for one thing.;)

Many will use a shoe holder in the bathroom or closet also.

Sometimes the hooks are not right or missing. We have made a multi-strand rope of dental floss to hang it up. Do not be afraid to cut off pockets if it is too big/long/wide.

--Figure out your bathroom, morning and primping routines. Who's a morning person or a night owl? Who takes the quickest/longest time to get ready? Only bathroom 'duties' get done in the bathroom, everything else, including makeup gets done at the vanity or on the bed.

Some will go to the spa and use their showers.

--Electrical - share what you can. There is only one 110v outlet in a regular cabin (suites have more).

--Some cabins can seem roomier if the beds are arranged differently. In most OV or IS cabins if the lower beds are placed in the shape on an L (one under the window or at the far wall) and one across from the vanity you will have walking around room rather than if the beds were simply separated.

--Keep the cabin clutter free will increase it's roominess and make it easier for your room steward. We use a dollar store garden tote to corral the little stuff on the vanity.

Check the pricing of your date.

Last cruise we booked about 3 weeks beforehand during spring break. It was cheaper to book two double occupancy cabins than a triple or quad.

Has anyone done this? You get one pull down bunk bed correct? Also is it possible to do 4 adults to a room or do they not allow this?

You might be better off with two connecting inside or window cabins. You get two bathrooms and more room to put your clothes in drawers and the closet. In addition, the couch and pull down bed aren't really comfortable. If you have a small child on the couch or bed they might be comfortable.

Cetainly not four in a cabin.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived