Victor Bodden fun in the sun?

sacnaillady

I want to book a tour with Victor Bodden in December. I was going to do private and now I'm thinking that the Fun in the Sun package might just do. Has anyone done the fun in the sun and loved it or wished you did the private tour? What is the consensus?

I want to book a tour with Victor Bodden in December. I was going to do private and now I'm thinking that the Fun in the Sun package might just do. Has anyone done the fun in the sun and loved it or wished you did the private tour? What is the consensus?

When I went to Roatan in November 2012, I was undecided between the 2. I decided for the same money I could get a private guide and do what I wanted, go where I wanted and stay as long or as little as I liked. Stopping along the drive for pics or at a store for beverages.

To me, thats was alot better then being in a bus with many others.

We decided to do the private tour. I think it will be better. Thank you for your help!

If you get a chance, request Tex as your guide. We had him based on reviews here and he was great. Would definately request him again. If you plan on doing VB zipline, make sure you do it the first thing. When we were leaving, the ziplines were packed. I'm glad we didn't have to wait in the line to get in.

Enjoy your tour.

Victor emailed me back and and booked me Tex! Thanks for the recommendation.

Tex is awesome. You'll love him. We had bad weather but still brought us around to tour the island then a nice little restaurant for lunch. I was sad that we didn't get to do all we wanted to because of the rain but thanks to Tex, we did enjoy what we saw.

Tex is awesome. You'll love him. We had bad weather but still brought us around to tour the island then a nice little restaurant for lunch. I was sad that we didn't get to do all we wanted to because of the rain but thanks to Tex, we did enjoy what we saw.

Hi.. how much was your private tour with Bodden and how long did the tour last? Am thinking of booking with Bodden and asking for Tex.. Will just be my husband and I

Hi.. how much was your private tour with Bodden and how long did the tour last? Am thinking of booking with Bodden and asking for Tex.. Will just be my husband and I

We had 7 people so it was only $25 per person. I think its $40 per person for less then 4 but I'm not 100%. We started out with a little tour with a stop at an overlook for pics then a store to pick up some "beverages". We headed to do the Zipline (extra charge and do this early, the crowds were terrible when we left), then played with the monkeys.

We started to tour again and the sky's opened up and just didn't stop. We went for lunch and then took a leisurely drive back to the ship. At that point we were already out for about 3 hrs.

The tour lasts as long as you want. You have the guide for the whole day so its up to you how long it lasts. I liked the private tour so we could go at our own pace. I had planned a beach stop too but unfortunately we didn't get to do that. Maybe next time if we ever go back. I would definately do the private tour and use Tex again.

Edited by girlscruise2011

Yes, it is $40 per person for the private tour when you only have 2. We thought that if we met some fun people at our dinning table or on the ship we would invite them to join us. That can take the pp price down. Victor informed that Tex has a van that can carry up to 6 or 7. So we'll see. I defiantly want to control where we go an how long.

Yes, it is $40 per person for the private tour when you only have 2. We thought that if we met some fun people at our dinning table or on the ship we would invite them to join us. That can take the pp price down. Victor informed that Tex has a van that can carry up to 6 or 7. So we'll see. I defiantly want to control where we go an how long.

Let me ask this. $80+tip for 2 folks, right? Now that is just the guide and the van, right? If you want to ZIPline then that is extra, monkeys are extra, beach is extra, lunch is extra, am I correct?

The expense was why I originally broached the subject. You could do the "fun in the sun" for $30 and that includes admissions to a set tour. I believe you can add ziplining. The thing that deters me the set tour is we are on a set time. 45 min. At the Monkey's what if I want longer? What if after 30 min. I'm done? I also understand that private tour people don't get in the main line which can be long(correct me if I'm wrong, I thought I read this in my research) 1 Hour to shop. What if I don't want to waste my time shopping? Lunch at group lunch shack with shopping. What if I want a beach dinning? I've done both private and group and my private tours have been the memorable ones. So you have to decide what you want out of it and what's important to you.

The expense was why I originally broached the subject. You could do the "fun in the sun" for $30 and that includes admissions to a set tour. I believe you can add ziplining. The thing that deters me the set tour is we are on a set time. 45 min. At the Monkey's what if I want longer? What if after 30 min. I'm done? I also understand that private tour people don't get in the main line which can be long(correct me if I'm wrong, I thought I read this in my research) 1 Hour to shop. What if I don't want to waste my time shopping? Lunch at group lunch shack with shopping. What if I want a beach dinning? I've done both private and group and my private tours have been the memorable ones. So you have to decide what you want out of it and what's important to you.

I agree 100% with your statement thats why I decided on the private tour. Another reason to add is on a bus with 25-40 people (not sure how large the bus is) or in a van with your honey and/or family having a great time together. To me, definately worth the extra money to be on my own.

I just booked this for me & my mother. I was thinking about the private tour but would feel more comfortable being with a group, besides the only thing I'd do differently is eliminate the monkeys & extend the beach time.

Does anyone know how many people are on the group tour?

I've never toured with Bodden. We've used Ronystours 5 times. I'm sure you would feel VERY safe with him. He is soooo friendly. It's great to have your own driver for the day. If the weather doesn't cooperate, he can make suggestions as you go. This is difficult to do in a group. He is definitely worth the price to have him all to yourself for the day. He's spectacular - we highly recommend him!

We used Victor Bodden Tours March 2011 and will be using them again November 2014. We LOVED the private tour, the monkeys, birds, zipline and the great time we had shopping, hitting the beach plus eating at a great local place. I felt safe, and got a good value for my money. You can go to their website. They respond quickly. They are top rated on TripAdvisor!;)

I'm also going in December on Carnival Glory.... i have been looking at these tours also and I'm torn it's just my son and I so I was thinking a group tour would be better.... ahhhhh :eek: decisions decisions

I'm also going in December on Carnival Glory.... i have been looking at these tours also and I'm torn it's just my son and I so I was thinking a group tour would be better.... ahhhhh :eek: decisions decisions

We actually had a group from our roll call that went together. That way, if you son is a teen, perhaps there is someone else with a teen who want to do the private tour. Either way, This is a great tour!

Last year 5 of us had a private tour booked, but the ship couldn't dock because of high winds. This Nov it is just the wife and I so we just booked a group tour (Fun-n-Sun) because it pretty much goes where we were wanting to go anyway. I'm sure you will enjoy either tour that you choose.

John

We just got back and did the Fun n Sun tour. There were around 12 from our ship. We were delayed leaving because we waited for a couple that did not show up. Then we went to a stop for photos the opposite direction from everything else. That stop took up about 45 min. Next was the overlook stop. That was nice but I wish we had been told the prices were a lot better if we wanted mahogany. I waited to buy and regretted it.

Next stop was the Mayan Canopy and the monkeys. This was great!!!! I can highly recommend this part of the tour. We really enjoyed this. Next we went to Bananarama resort. However, so much time was wasted earlier we had to be back at the bus 45 min. After being dropped off. It was about a 10 min walk to the beach and our chairs so we only got 30 min on the beach. The water was warm and amazing. But several of us had planned to snorkel but there just wasn't time. The area in front of our chairs had a roped swimming area. Sand was powder soft and all of us would have loved more time there.

We got back to the port 15 min. Before we had to be on board. That was disappointing and only had time to buy a couple little things, at inflated prices.

Next time we go to Belize we will go to the Mayan canopy and then a beach we can snorkel! with time to shop.

Edited by wantocruisemore

• 2 months later...

Only 30 mins at the beach...that's a bummer! How long did you wait for the inconsiderate couple that never showed up? DH and I took the Fun-N-Sun tour last Feb. Even after showing us the scenic area for photo ops and going to Victor's "Monkey Business" we still had 3 hrs on the beach! It was only suppose to be for two hours but our group wanted to stay longer so the driver said we can stay for 3 hrs and would still make it back to the ship in time. Which we did. We had to get right on the ship but that was okay with us.

Only 30 mins at the beach...that's a bummer! How long did you wait for the inconsiderate couple that never showed up? DH and I took the Fun-N-Sun tour last Feb. Even after showing us the scenic area for photo ops and going to Victor's "Monkey Business" we still had 3 hrs on the beach! It was only suppose to be for two hours but our group wanted to stay longer so the driver said we can stay for 3 hrs and would still make it back to the ship in time. Which we did. We had to get right on the ship but that was okay with us.

Probably an hour. We had a short day in port. If we had longer there, it would have been better. Next time we'll definitely go private.