Faster to the fun program

Ontariotrekker

We will be arriving early into the port of Miami after having a 2 a.m. wake up call to get to the airport so I was considering getting this attached to our cruise to get into our cabin with luggage faster.

I have talked to Carnival and they were unable to answer some questions:

-this includes priority tendering but how does that work if you are taking a ship's tour?? don't we have to wait for our group anyway?

- anyone really found this useful when booking a table in the MDR?

- how does it help disembarkation?

Thanks for your help - Shar

Priority tender will be helpful if you get to the excursion meet point (theater) and the line is out the door and around the lobby like it was on the Conquest in May. We went to the pursers desk and they took us right down to get on the next tender.

It only helps if you want to switch dining times while on the cruise. It does not help for any time dining.

Disembarkation: you are given zone 1 tags, and you wait in a meeting place (center dining room on the Conquest) and allowed to get off the ship after self-assist is over. This can take quite a while, we did not get off the ship until around 9 am last time.

We will be arriving early into the port of Miami after having a 2 a.m. wake up call to get to the airport so I was considering getting this attached to our cruise to get into our cabin with luggage faster.

-this includes priority tendering but how does that work if you are taking a ship's tour?? don't we have to wait for our group anyway?

When doing a ship's tour, you usually meet your group on the dock, not on the ship. [not always, but . . ] So you would need to get to that point at the time indicated on the ticket. When tendering is involved, there is often a designated place to meet on board for an excursion. It really depends on how the ship handles it.

You don't book a table in the MDR; it is assigned. When you get your key, it will indicate which seating your have, which dining room and which table. If you are unhappy with the table assignment, you can speak to the maitre'd; sometimes it can be changed, sometimes not. FTTF gives you a priority if you are on the dining wait list to change from one seating to the other; it does not let you cut in line to get into any time dining.

In debarkation, FTTF [along with Diamond and Platinum, leave after self assist. How fast that goes depends on how many there are doing self assist!

It depends on which port. In Belize, tendering might be part of the tour itself. If someone books to go snorkeling, the tender goes straight to the area. On other ports, there are designated meeting areas. From what I have read, Carnival excursions usually get priority tendering anyway.

Tables are assigned. I'm not sure how FTTF would help with that.

I believe you'd get Zone 1 luggage tags for debarkation.

I'm sure someone else has more answers.

Just leave the luggage with the porters, then you don't have to worry about getting it into the cabin early. Since you're going to be so early at the docks anyways, I'd just check in and get on the ship and wander or scope out a nice seating area in a lounge or a deck chair and relax.

Archived