New debarkation procedures?

kthill

Maybe I read this incorrectly, does Carnival have new debarkation procedures? We will be sailing on the Sensation and I thought I read something about a new "easy" debarkation. This is my least favorite part of the trip. Since I hate getting off anyway it's terrible to drag it out.

Hmmm. The only thing I can think of that's different, is back in the fall, they started doing the 'self-debarkation' process.

IF you choose to be among the first to disembark, you have to be able to carry ALL of your owns bags off the ship. (You wouldn't put them in the hall the night before.) You must leave the ship when called, so you won't be able to dally over breakfast. This group is the first group off the ship, along with the VIP pax (those w/early flights.)

It's true. You have until 10:30 a.m. to debark. We had breakfast in the dining room, then waited for the early flight folks to leave (from our balcony we passed the time watching them off load MOUNTAINS of luggage), then pretty much walked off the ship around 9:45 a.m. The only problem is if you stay in your room like we did, the housekeeping staff want to get in to clean so you have to ask them to come back. Todd, the CD, made announcements over the pa system every fifteen minutes or so to tell you how long the line in the lobby was.

I returned from the Conquest on 6/19/05. They did have the easy debarkation in place and it worked great. You did not have to carry your bags off if you were getting off first - you still put them outside your cabin between 10 and 12 the night before. Once the ship was cleared at 9:15 they made an announcement that you could debark at your leisure and that everyone should be off by 10:30. They also asked that if you did not have an early flight to catch to sit tight and let those passengers leave first. We were on the floor above the main atrium floor waiting and were able to get off the ship by 9:30, located our luggage in about 5 minutes time, walked through the doors to our waiting limo and were at the airport by 10. It was a very easy debarkation.

They did the same on the Miracle last month - no more calling by deck! Just one announcement to leave after the self-assist! :)

Is this now fleet wide? All all ships doing it this way now? The Destiny last Feb still called colors....I think. We were part of the group that left first because of early flights - so I do not know for sure :o

We will be on the Triumph 2/4/06....any idea how they do it?

Archived