Pizza ?

Out to sea!

Ordered a pizza for the first time on the Dawn last summer. Decided to try it once and for all as I have heard so many times about how "horrible" it is.

$5 for a 16-inch pizza. The choices are cheese, pepperoni and a vegetarian option. However, we ordered a pepperoni and sausage pizza with mushrooms added on one half. Sounds like the number of topping choices has increased since last year. The pizza was just fine and served its purpose as a late-time snack.

The toppings were generous and we were only able to finish about half of it among the three of us. Delivered hot. Would order again.

Love seeing the guys around the ship delivering the pizzas anywhere - pool, bars, atrium. Have also seen some roll call groups order pizzas for their informal meet and greets. Great idea when coupled with beer and a game of bowling like on the Epic or Breakaway.

The pizza is delivered in one of those thermal bags so it remains very hot. It actually came in a classy looking cardboard box if there is such a thing: solid black with red lettering.

Just a couple additional thoughts....

In the buffet at least on the POA it seemed liked you could request a pizza and they would put it up when one of the pizzas on the buffet station was gone. I didn't do it, but remember seeing a sign.

Also, the Italian restaurant has free pizza/pasta at lunchtime...

is the pizza in the buffet available 24hrs/day? Or only the delivered pizza?

Anyone catch the Carnival crowd go nuts over a thought of Carnival "beards" possibly charging for whole pizza through room service?

John Heald on his FB page asked if passengers would be interested in having Pizza delivered for $5 just like NCL

Just a couple additional thoughts....

In the buffet at least on the POA it seemed liked you could request a pizza and they would put it up when one of the pizzas on the buffet station was gone. I didn't do it, but remember seeing a sign.

Also, the Italian restaurant has free pizza/pasta at lunchtime...

Is the Italian restaurant free at lunch time? I didn't know it was open. On Jade?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

is the pizza in the buffet available 24hrs/day? Or only the delivered pizza?

Anyone catch the Carnival crowd go nuts over a thought of Carnival "beards" possibly charging for whole pizza through room service?

John Heald on his FB page asked if passengers would be interested in having Pizza delivered for $5 just like NCL

I saw that and I think it would be a wonderful addition to be able to pay to get a pizza in your cabin. Now, if they took away the free pizza to do that, then there would be an uproar but more options is always a good thing.

There is no 24-hour buffet on NCL. Keep in mind, the pizza on the buffet is not the same as the pizza that is delivered. Last time we were on the Sun, you could get pasta at Moderno.

Does the Sun have ANY 24 hour food venues other than room service? I have a tendency to get the munchies at 0300 and on Carnival I would just head to the Pizza bar.

Does the Sun have ANY 24 hour food venues other than room service? I have a tendency to get the munchies at 0300 and on Carnival I would just head to the Pizza bar.

Looks like only room service and pizza delivery. In the search box type "24 hour dinning" the first question and answer shows that they do not have anything like the Blue Lagoon on board.:(

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/sky/questions#tab_detail

Looks like only room service and pizza delivery. In the search box type "24 hour dinning" the first question and answer shows that they do not have anything like the Blue Lagoon on board.:(

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/sky/questions#tab_detail

Just checked the Sky and the Sun are the 2 ships that don't have anything like Blue Lagoon...see quote above.

The Sun has the Sports Bar and the Sky has Longboard's. Both have the same items that you would find at Blue Lagoon such as wings, burgers, fish and chips, chicken tenders etc.

Meant as 24 hour venue not food choice wise, didn't mean to be misleading. At least they have those bar food staples to get though the day.

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

Meant as 24 hour venue not food choice wise, didn't mean to be misleading. At least they have those bar food staples to get though the day.

Those restaurants are open from 5PM to 5AM, so overnight. During the day the buffet is open, so you can always get food 24 hrs/day without room service or pizza delivery.

Those restaurants are open from 5PM to 5AM, so overnight. During the day the buffet is open, so you can always get food 24 hrs/day without room service or pizza delivery.

Good to know...on NCL's website under the Q&A it says no 24 hour venue so there should be a side note of dining available 24 hours. Since I haven't been on those 2 particular ships I went with what NCL has written. Seems a little confusing/contradictory almost.

Archived