Want to pre-pay tips & excursions

e71465

We're sailing on the Crown in December. We're paid in full but I would like to pre-pay our tips and excursions. Can I do this before boarding? I've never tried to do this and I have looked at the Princess web site but I can't find it if it's there...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Allison

We're sailing on the Crown in December. We're paid in full but I would like to pre-pay our tips and excursions. Can I do this before boarding? I've never tried to do this and I have looked at the Princess web site but I can't find it if it's there...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Allison

Just purchase some on-board gift credits for yourself. There are a number of different credits you can buy, but I usually just get myself the gift credits that can be used for anything. Very easy.

Link below:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/onboard_credit/Index.jsp

The only way to do it is to send yourself OBC via Princess so that it goes on your account.

Under goods and services there is a form with the details. Just call Princess or fax the form to the number shown.

OBC shows as

Item #6013 – $25

Item #6014 – $50

Item #6015 – $100

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Allison

According the princesses website:

To simplify the tipping process for our passengers, a discretionary gratuity of $12 per person for mini-suites and suites, and $11.50 per passenger in all other staterooms per day (including children) will be automatically added to your shipboard account on a daily basis. This gratuity will be shared amongst those staff who help provide and support your cruise experience, including all waitstaff, stateroom stewards, buffet stewards, and housekeeping staff across the fleet. For your convenience, this gratuity can be pre-paid before you sail by calling 1-800 PRINCESS and referencing Special Services item number 0597. Pre-paid gratuities may be added up to 6 days prior to your departure.

Has anyone done this and if so, do you recommend it?

I also like to pay everything in advance, as I have a tight vacation budget. Just call princess. Tell them that you want to pay your tips and pay for your excursions. They will sell you a shipboard credit that will cover your excursions. All can be accomplished with one call.

The only way to do it is to send yourself OBC via Princess so that it goes on your account.
Just send yourself OBC and forget about "pre-paying" tips. It's a misnomer. All you're doing is sending yourself OBC in the amount of the tips. Nothing is really pre-paid. Your folio starts with that credit, the tips are charged per usual and deducted from the credit. Much simpler and easier to round up and send yourself OBC.

Just purchase some on-board gift credits for yourself. There are a number of different credits you can buy, but I usually just get myself the gift credits that can be used for anything. Very easy.

Link below:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/onboard_credit/Index.jsp

I love this idea. I have been prepaying gratuities this way but hadn't thought of ordering OBC for myself to be used however I choose. Order it now and it will be paid for before the cruise. Over 20 cruises with Princess and thanks to Cruise Critic, I am still learning. Thank you!!

I book through my TA, and after final pymt, I ask her to take $xxx from my credit card and have Princess credit my account with that money. So my onboard folio starts out with a credit amount. For the first few days or so my onboard charges are applied against my beginning credit amount.

Archived