Some tips for Breakaway!

shadowlover

There are similar cabins on every ship, we were just on Jade in a fwd suite on deck 9 and had similar "issue" and never figured out where the sound travelled to our cabin as the hallway outside our cabin door was completely quiet. However this isn't a problem to many people who do other things onboard than stay in their cabin all the time - and the shows were usually over shortly after 10pm.

Not true. Rock of Ages- have you ever seen it??? It is an extremely loud show with rock music blaring. Shows do not ever end at 10, try midnight. The show started at 10. She was traveling with three children! The cabin noise needs to be aware to all travel agents and disclosed prior to being sold. I can't begin to explain to you how loud it was inside her cabin...it vibrated and you could hear the singing as though you were sitting right in the theatre.

Duh! I was on 10!

It really was faint -- I wouldn't be concerned about it; but if you are take a room on 11. Though you have the advantage having the lounge on the same level on 10. If anything I would suggest getting a room without a connecting door to try to cut down on the sliding closet noise -- though that might just be a continuous wall issue.

I thought there was a ton of deck space -- just not by the pool. Poorly configured yes, but not necessary to take away free adult only space.

Duh! I was on 10!

It really was faint -- I wouldn't be concerned about it; but if you are take a room on 11. Though you have the advantage having the lounge on the same level on 10. If anything I would suggest getting a room without a connecting door to try to cut down on the sliding closet noise -- though that might just be a continuous wall issue.

I thought there was a ton of deck space -- just not by the pool. Poorly configured yes, but not necessary to take away free adult only space.

Thanks, pattycakes; I'll stay on Deck 10 then. I'm in a non-connecting cabin...and I'll pack ear plugs.;)

"Pretty much agree with your tips and agree that the Breakaway was designed with the idea of producing revenue over passenger comfort. To squeeze 5000 passenger on to the ship is truly criminal.

I feel like that's a tad unfair, seeing as nobody actually forces anyone to squeeze onto the ship. People know exactly how big the ship is when they book it (certainly its size has been one of the selling points), and anyone can easily find out exactly how many passengers it holds. The beauty of cruising is that people can seek out the ship that is right for them based on many factors, including its size and the number of guests it holds.

Richard/Tralfie

I feel like that's a tad unfair, seeing as nobody actually forces anyone to squeeze onto the ship. People know exactly how big the ship is when they book it (certainly its size has been one of the selling points), and anyone can easily find out exactly how many passengers it holds. The beauty of cruising is that people can seek out the ship that is right for them based on many factors, including its size and the number of guests it holds.

Richard/Tralfie

Quite true. It's just that I absolutely loved the allure of the seas which is the biggest ship on the seas- the design of the ship is amazing and it is clear that it is done for the enjoyment of all the passengers, not just those that want to pay extra for specialty restaurants or who gamble excessively etc. So, it's not about the numbers or size it's about the philosophy and design. Customer service is also some of the worst that I've experienced in my years of sailing and after reading threads I'm not alone in how I feel.

• 9 months later...

Have you seen Bear3412's spreadsheet?

See it here for your B6 cabin:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1QYTwqysC_zUyLvlEn-xEs4zmK0q6O2I1sqEeP7bP314/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000&slide=id.gd453ac52_2_0

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Cool. Will be there with you on that trip.

Join our roll call if you'd like. See link. 30 days to go !

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1912516

Happy Cruising!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc