Whale Watching///What port?????

Whirlwind

I definately want to go and watch whales, so excited about this whole cruise thing....I have been wanting to go to alaska for years......

ARe these boats small????do you get sea sick?????

Good whale watching is in Juneau or ISP, if your ship goes there.

In three trips I haven't seen anyone seasick, but if you're prone, bring meds. I think because of all of the windows and outside viewing space, people are less prone to getting sick, but it can really rock if the ferry passes by!

We were in Juneau in late May and booked with Orca Enterprises.

Good people who will work with your other interests during your time in Juneau and can find tours in other ports as well.

If you are prone to seasickness, take the necessary precautions. The tour boats give you the options of staying inside, or climbing to an elevated viewing platform for photo ops.

When on the elevated platform, the motion of the boat is more pronounced.

Have a great trip!

Sam

We took three whale watching excursions and liked the one in Seward the best. We saw gray and humpback whales, sea lions and sea otters. Also, two black bears, plenty of bald eagles, and thousands of birds. Our second choice would be Juneua, and Prince Rupert definitely totally out. We saw nothing on that excursion, and have talked to others whom have also seen nothing in Prince Rupert.

Juneau has close to 100% sightings of humpbacks. Seward has varied wildlife and is NOT a whale watch. My sightings for whales have probably only run about 50%. IF you are willing to invest considerable time, being out on a front deck can offer excellent whale viewing from your cruiseship. Especially going into/out of Juneau- several hours, Vancouver Island, Glacier bay.

Archived