On board the Diamond!

We are on board the Diamond - won't have time to write again before we get home but wanted to give a quick review.

The port of Seattle is clean and nice - we got to the port around 10:00 am and were on board by 11:50. Sailed away right around 4:00. I wrote a lot in a journal and will cut and paste it when we get back with more details.

We met with our cruisecritic group at 2:45 at the Outrigger bar - a good location for a meet and greet.

The food has been wonderful (Sterling Steak house the first night, Pacific Moon last night (stir fry is great). Saw Piano Man last night - sat front row center, great show! Listened to hits of the 80's and Princess Idol - fun. Sat in the jacuzzi on the aft deck in the morning yesterday in the rain. Today we were up at 6:30 to watch from the front of the promenade deck - saw a couple pods of whales - it was wonderful.

I want to write a quick email to my son so will sign off. It has been wonderful so far - will let you know more when we get back (want to keep you in suspense).

Pam

We are on the Diamond in several weeks. Have some questions:

On the formal nights, do they serve the crab legs and lobster in the Horizon Court (in addition to the dining rooms)?

Were you allowed to order room service for what is being served in the dining rooms? Or just off a room service menu? Was it different for people in suites vs non-suites?

bburns: What type of room are you in? We were in a suite and could order anything we wanted. Don't think you can do that in other rooms. One morning we ordered eggs benedict which weren't on any menu, and we got them. Wasn't sure it would work, but glad it did. Again, we were in a Vista Suite and that could certainly make a difference.

You will have so much fun.

Pam: Just in case you see this, glad you are having a wonderful cruise. Be sure and see the new show they just premiered on our cruise. It is the second formal night.

Also, go to Club Fusion and say Hi to Sherwin! He is now behind the bar and is the nicest guy. We met him in Crooners and I instantly liked him.

Susan

We had a great time and I posted my review a few hours ago.

There are so many opportunities to eat....you forget about that each time you cruise. When you are home and fantasizing about the cruise all you think about is the lobster and the crab legs. Well when you get up and have breakfast (we never made it to dining room for breakfast though that was a goal) and a late lunch, it's time for High Tea by the time dinner rolls around - the lobster and crab aren't that important anymore. I will say they are delicious. The lobster in the dining room was much more moist then in Sabatini's. The crab legs were great. This was our 6th cruise and we really thought we'd spend a lot of time sitting on our balcony ordering room service, reading books and playing dominoes and we planned on having dinner in our room at least one night. No time! With all the dancing and shows and game shows and tennis and jacuzzi's and visiting with new friends - holy moly. Order all the lobster you want - they'll bring out plate after plate (waiter told us he had someone a few weeks ago that ate 22 plates - that is 44 lobster tails!

We really enjoyed the afternoon tea but because it is from 3:30 - 4:30 it's hard to have room for dinner. I gained three pounds on this cruise and we exercised everyday - besides all the stairs, walking on excursions, etc. It was crazy.

So...I don't know if it is in the horizon court, if they don't you will be pleased with whatever they have - trust us! Also - if you want to eat in the Court or your room because you don't want to get dressed up - the Alaska cruises aren't that picky about 'formal' night. A nice shirt and slacks will be just fine.

We are on the Diamond in several weeks. Have some questions:

On the formal nights, do they serve the crab legs and lobster in the Horizon Court (in addition to the dining rooms)?

Were you allowed to order room service for what is being served in the dining rooms? Or just off a room service menu? Was it different for people in suites vs non-suites?

They did serve the crab legs in the horizon, not the lobster tails though

Mom, enjoy your cruise, and wave Saturday morning when you get off. We'll be some of those people in that HUGE line waiting to get on :D And don't drink all the alcohol either!! :) By the way, can you get lobster every night if you ask for it?:rolleyes:

Archived