Compensation - Millennium Alaska - Interrupted and Canceled Cruises

sandyss

I was on the Aug 16th cruise with the Costco Buyer's choice Cruisetour so I wasn't quoted out a seperate price for the cruise and my "Conceirge" Class room with a balcony.

Was getting worried because I saw everyone else having credits posted. Just looked at my Costco AMEX card and this morning a refund of $2152.00 was refunded in my account. Without too much calculating this would seem like a fare amount if it covered one person, however I was two people. So I will wait a day or so to see if there is more coming (we traveled on the same credit card but it was a honeymoon so it was under two different last names).

I know at least one other person who posted was on the Costco deal. Did any of you get your refunds and if so for what amount?

I just checked my credit card statement again. I have been refunded all shore excursions, taxes and fees, beverage package upgrade, etc. -- everything but the cruise fare. That money was posted back to my card in different amounts than I was expecting it, but when I looked at my final invoice and added everything up my figures matched the amounts posted to my card.

I'm still waiting for the bulk of my money even though it looks like most people on my sailing were refunded yesterday or today. In addition to the cruise fare, I still haven't seen the refund for one specialty dinner I purchased for my mother or the air change fee reimbursement.

Except for $ 200 downpayment made when we booked while onboard RCI's Brilliance, all amounts paid to Celebrity for the 13 Sept trip have been repaid in the past three days. Have submitted claims for that amount and for change fees to email address (thanks, Cindy). Received automated response from Celebrity that my message has been received.

A little more progress...My statement now shows a refund of the cruise fare less my $900 deposit. I may need to call them for that last $900 since my credit card number changed in the 17 months I had this cruise booked.

Nothing yet on the air change fee reimbursement or the $45 for a specialty restaurant dinner for my mom.

I was on the Aug 16th cruise with the Costco Buyer's choice Cruisetour so I wasn't quoted out a seperate price for the cruise and my "Conceirge" Class room with a balcony.

Was getting worried because I saw everyone else having credits posted. Just looked at my Costco AMEX card and this morning a refund of $2152.00 was refunded in my account. Without too much calculating this would seem like a fare amount if it covered one person, however I was two people. So I will wait a day or so to see if there is more coming (we traveled on the same credit card but it was a honeymoon so it was under two different last names).

I know at least one other person who posted was on the Costco deal. Did any of you get your refunds and if so for what amount?

We were on the August 16 cruise to Ketchikan with post-cruise tour 9B booked through Costco. I remember getting the invoice originally and thinking it was awfully simplistic, just one number with nothing broken out...and now I'm sure wishing I had looked into it earlier. I've e-mailed Costco for a detailed invoice but have had no response, so I'll need to call them when I get a chance. I can't remember the price I paid since my invoice has all the taxes and gratuities and whatnot in it (I won't complain if I'm not reimbursed taxes etc), but I recall that the land tour portion added about 50% more to the cruise fare that we paid for Aqua Class. So far we have received $2642 on our AmEx card, and this seems quite low for two people in Aqua Class to Alaska. My bill from Costco was more than twice that amount, around $6500, if I remember correctly. I just can't imagine that the cruise itself cost so much less than the total amount, even adding in taxes and gratuities. I'm still glad for the cruisetour because it meant we got to see more of Alaska than just Ketchikan, and we had a wonderful time there with beautiful weather, and it meant our flights weren't messed up, etc. But wow, they might undercut their own cruise fare in order to pay the contracted company to run the land tour. Which is quite disappointing to our wallets since it wound up being an expensive trip (all the expensive excursions and flights!!) with a "free" cruise...and that probably means our FCC will be slighted too. I'm still happy with the way it's been managed and the positivity of the crew while we were onboard, and I'm hoping more money will be refunded...but the amount refunded has been disappointing so far.

Nothing yet on the air change fee reimbursement or the $45 for a specialty restaurant dinner for my mom.

Our prepaid specialty restaurant was refunded to our on-board account. We went to the Olympic on Tuesday night and cancelled our Thurs night reservation. Have you checked her onboard statement?

...and so far we still have NOTHING of our cruise fare refunded; just a response from our TA that they will look into it.

Edited by tinabinab

Our prepaid specialty restaurant was refunded to our on-board account. We went to the Olympic on Tuesday night and cancelled our Thurs night reservation. Have you checked her onboard statement?

...and so far we still have NOTHING of our cruise fare refunded; just a response from our TA that they will look into it.

We received our cruise fare refund (via credit card) last week. Then got an additional refund this week. The combined refund came to exactly what we had paid. Still waiting for the future cruise credit certificate, as well as the check for our expenses related to the Aug. 16th sailing.

We received our cruise fare refund (via credit card) last week. Then got an additional refund this week. The combined refund came to exactly what we had paid. Still waiting for the future cruise credit certificate, as well as the check for our expenses related to the Aug. 16th sailing.

So you were on the Aug 16 sailing and got 100% back including taxes that includes what you got back on the ship?

If people didn't get on the ship - later sailings this makes sense but I was on the Aug. 16th sailing that that's not what I got back so I just want to make sure before I call Celebrity again.

Thanks.

Re: Cancelled 8/23 Cruise

I got refunded some amounts today. Because we paid with multiple cards it may take us some time to fully calculate what we have gotten paid.

I did send an email on 9/5 with copies of airline bookings and cancellations to request reimbursements of $1600+ for all flights of our party of 6; only received an automated response to that so far.

Called Celebrity on Friday 13th, Told to contact TA. TA did not get back to me until sat. the 14th. I was told credit posted on the 12th but that was simply not true. Credit for almost all of the cruise fare posted on the 14th. TA said another $60 ($30x2) was going to be posted this week. Not sure what that amount represents. I am basically waiting on the airfare change fees/misc expenses to get home refund.

If you were on the Aug 16th trip and have not received the bulk of your refund yet, I would get in touch with Celebrity and your TA at this point.

We were to sail 8/23..........received "some" on the refund ON SATURDAY....good to hear from others they are getting them; albeit in chunks. I also agree that the numbers I am being credited do not all match up with the CC statement online....BUT IT IS COMING IN.....Mailed my airfare refund issues last week.....know that will take some time........keep you posted.....

Well finally got everything straightened out with my Cruise Tour and refund from the August 16th sailing that was cancelled at Ketchikan.

Sadly it looks like for cruise tour people or in my case the people who bought the special Costco Buyers Choice 12 day package they decided to take the cheap way out.

I paid $6350. for two people for a 12-day package in a Concierge Class 2 room. Based on the prices of the cruise alone and thinking originally of doing that way I figured I payed about $3500 for the cruise (based on what a cruise only would have cost both today for next year and at the time of the booking) and about $2800 for the cruise tour.

After the experience with the planes I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to find out that Celebrity was going to take the cheap way out. They basically decided that they were giving me a BIG DISCOUNT on the cruise for taking the Land Tour.

So they priced the Land Tour at $2075 per person and our discounted Concierge Room at the cruise at $1050 per person. So getting a refund for the Full Cruise fare to them means I get and have already received a $2100 credit which I imagine will also be my certificate value.

So in reality if I wanted to take the Millenium next year in the same room I would need to use my FCC plus $1000 of the $2000 refund. So for at least one Cruisetour person it means what they are calling full refund and credit is really a 2/3rds credit.

Not my that I can do but right their stupid president about their stupid decision and move on. In my book Celebrity at the end of the day looses or at least blew a big opportunity.

Me and my wife are young cruisers who really plan to do allot more cruising in the future. Our experience on the Millenium until the flyout day we loved and when we heard about the generous offer of a refund and credit I must admit they build up allot of goodwill with me and was becoming my new favorite. However starting with the plane fiasco (which I could forgive) and their cheapness with how they decided the credit (they could have split the discount equally between the two portions of the trip or given us the list price of room) they have lost all that goodwill. So we will be of course using our credit but then we will look forward to seeing what their competitors have to offer.

Hope some of my fellow cruisetour people did better but I doubt it. I know at least one other Costco person who posted got similar results.

I would try appealing their calculations. You added on a land tour to your cruise - not vice versa. Ask Celebrity to show you when the price of a Concierge Cabin (not a guarantee) was $1050 per person. They should at least credit you the lowest advertised cost of a Concierge Cabin.

Call Celebrity Guest Relations and present your numbers, and your rationale for them, to Celebrity. Maybe you can at least reach a compromise with them.

Sandy,

Will try although today Celebrity wouldn't even talk to me. They would only talk to a Costco person because I had bought the cruise through them.

Do you have a particular number that you would suggest calling?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

The number that I have for Guest Relations is 800-256-6649. They were very nice and helpful when I talked with them about my cruise refund and my refund for expenses (although I still haven't received my refund for expenses:mad:). I also booked through a TA.

You also might try calling the Captain's Club at 800-760-0654.

Good luck.

We were on the 8/9/16 Millennium Cruise that had the skipped itinerary, but at least made it to our final port.

I had already reported that we received our refund for the price we paid for just the cruise and something toward either port fees or taxes.

Yesterday we received our FCC for the same amount they refunded for just the cruise portion. It has an expiration date of 8/31/14. We have something booked for next year, but have not tried to apply this FFC to it yet. I am hoping not to have any problems and will report back once I do that.

Good luck to everyone. I would think you all should be receiving your FFC soon!

Yesterday we received our FCC for the same amount they refunded for just the cruise portion. We have something booked for next year, but have not tried to apply this FFC to it yet.

Glad to hear the FCC's are starting to get sent out. Our TA advised that if it's like they usually do it, we should be able to use the credits for the remaining payment on one of the cruises we've already booked (but not the initial deposit, which is all that has been put down so far).

I'm waiting for a while before trying to rationalize all the refunds and reimbursements for our 8/16 "Ketch-again Highlights" sailing. But that might be because I arranged it for both us and my in-laws, they did a cruise tour, and it was paid for across several different credit cards with two different travel agencies and in two different currencies. :(