Food (Paleo/SCD/Green Smoothie) on Conquest

GreenSmoothieCruiser,

Perhaps you could contact Diane Sanfilippo in regards to making paleo work on CCL. I believe one of the low carb cruises she was on was on the Magic. I think Stacy Toth also went to one, so perhaps they would have some tips for you. Happy Sailing!

GreenSmoothieCruiser,

Perhaps you could contact Diane Sanfilippo in regards to making paleo work on CCL. I believe one of the low carb cruises she was on was on the Magic. I think Stacy Toth also went to one, so perhaps they would have some tips for you. Happy Sailing!

Wow, you know your Paleo people. :) I will ask them if they know who to talk to about it. Thank you!

I bring my protein powder on board and bring the ingredients I want in my smoothie to the bartender. It is hard to find Kale in the salad bar, but I have been able to get spinach and fruit and I bring my own ginger on board. I find a bartender I like, tip him well and then bring him my stash when I want my smoothie.

It won't be as good as home unless you can get the kitchen to bring you some fresher veggies. Haven't tried that yet as I felt I was pushing it just getting them to make them for me.

Good luck!;)

I bring my protein powder on board and bring the ingredients I want in my smoothie to the bartender. It is hard to find Kale in the salad bar, but I have been able to get spinach and fruit and I bring my own ginger on board. I find a bartender I like, tip him well and then bring him my stash when I want my smoothie.

It won't be as good as home unless you can get the kitchen to bring you some fresher veggies. Haven't tried that yet as I felt I was pushing it just getting them to make them for me.

Good luck!;)

Wow, that's impressive! But that would equal to a lot of tips, ha ha! Curious, did you give him/her cash each time?

• 2 months later...

Glad it worked out for you

They do have green superfood etc shake mixes at whole foods for those interested in this that might work (with a hand held or magic bullet)

also some health shakes at stores

Carnival has fruit smoothies and slushies - my cabin mate had a lot of food allergies and very specific needs and she did find on the Conquest

she did have a strawberry slushie for her "free drink" at brunch

she was gluten free, has alcohol (yikes) allergy, plus a bunch of others

so it can be done

• 7 months later...

What was the outcome on the green smoothies? I was thinking of taking my Nutribullet. My fav breakfast bring is power greens, coconut water, almonds and a banana -- would like to continue if possible (though thing I might not be able to get coconut water)

Hello! :)

Have any of you cruised on a SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet) or Paleo diet? Do any of you know if Carnival will prepare "green smoothies" for passengers?

I called Carnival and they told me to speak to the head waiter on the first night of the cruise. I'm still a bit worried.

I appreciate any input, thank you!

What was the outcome on the green smoothies? I was thinking of taking my Nutribullet. My fav breakfast bring is power greens, coconut water, almonds and a banana -- would like to continue if possible (though thing I might not be able to get coconut water)

You can bring on 12 20oz bottles of any non alcoholic beverage.

Hi everyone! I wanted to reply here and tell you I created a post on The Paleo Mom site about my food experience on the cruise.

Cruising Paleo? It's Possible!

Carnival was great and the food was excellent!

I know this post was from a while ago, but I only just came across it and wanted to say that I was happy to hear how well Carnival accommodated you.

I don't follow a paleo diet--though I do drink green smoothies daily thanks to our NutriBullet blender! I always hated eating vegetables, but somehow blending raw kale and other veggies and fruits in the blender tastes good to me!

Anyway, my main reason for posting is that I was recently diagnosed with a crustacean allergy (shrimp, crab, lobster, crawfish). Now everywhere I eat out I have to inform them of this potentially life-threatening allergy!

I've read that cruise lines deal with allergies/special diets really well but never paid great attention to it prior to my recent diagnosis. I'd have never thought I wouldn't be able to eat shrimp after 40 years of doing so.

Thanks so much for your detailed report! Every report like yours makes me breathe (dine) easier!

As the other person replied, I did not have any smoothies on the cruise. But everything else was great! :)

Actually, I've stopped drinking smoothies due to the high sugar content. And I'm low FODMAP now, so that limits the types of fruits I can have.

We are cruising on RCCL later this month, I'm hoping they will be as accommodating with my food. :)