Ensenada Restaurants

gbatch750

Have been to Ensenada many time and typically we are in the Papas and Beer and Hussongs area. This time I would like to find a good seafood restaurant for lunch. Any recommendations?

Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but a couple blocks away from the Papas and Beer corner, there is an AWESOME street cart with the freshest seafood you could imagine. It's called La Guerrerense and it's very popular with the locals. My DW and I "discovered" it on an Anthony Bourdaine "No Reservations" episode where he made the claim that it was the BEST STREET CART he's ever been to in the WORLD [pretty strong claim].

We went to the cart in the mid afternoon after one of our excursions to the wine country outside of Ensenada and it was completely surrounded by locals getting their mid-afternoon muchies taken care of....one of the best little places we've ever had the pleasure of eating :)

• 4 weeks later...

There are a couple of restaurants on the east end of the Fish Marlet. Doesn't get much fresher than that.

We have had the molcajete from El Meson de Don Fernando. It was very good.

A molcajete is a large carved lava rock bowl, heated til very hot. The food continues to cook in the bowl.

Edited by SadieN

Trip Advisor says Taqueria Mexico Lindo has the best. Does anyone know how far it is from the port. Walking?

It is about 1 mile from port. Walk up the main tourist street (Lopez Mateos), when you see Papas&Beer (corner of Ruiz and Lopez Mateos), turn left. It is next door to Hussong's.

Thanks to Rosefloater and sadieN for your comments. Hope to make it there. Ship only in port for 5 hours 7 to midnight.

Plenty of time. Take the shuttle bus if you don't want to walk, it's only a couple of bucks. Go to google and type in tacos lindos ensenada, there are several photos. (I just looked, the photo with the cars in front is NOT tacos lindos, but there is image of the menu.)

Sit at the bar if you can, it faces the grill. Get a plate of tacos and a quesaburro. It's a cheesy-beany-meaty thing, kind of a cross between a quesadilla and a burrito. Wish I was there right now.

Plenty of time. Take the shuttle bus if you don't want to walk, it's only a couple of bucks. Go to google and type in tacos lindos ensenada, there are several photos. (I just looked, the photo with the cars in front is NOT tacos lindos, but there is image of the menu.)

Sit at the bar if you can, it faces the grill. Get a plate of tacos and a quesaburro. It's a cheesy-beany-meaty thing, kind of a cross between a quesadilla and a burrito. Wish I was there right now.

Mom,sis and I timed the difference between taking the bus and walking. Mom took bus. The bus beat the walkers by 2 minutes. But that is only because the bus left at the same time as us walking. The bus generally leaves when it is full and that can take a few minutes. It drops you off a block from McDonalds.

ETA: We have walked up to Taqueria Lindo at night with no problems. Never felt unsafe.

I'll be in Ensenada in 2 weeks and will have a taco for you.:D

Edited by Rosefloater

Is the shuttle bus a service for the port or is it a regular commuter bus line with a fixed route? Fee?

I'll be in Ensenada in 2 weeks and will have a taco for you.:D

"A" taco? Better make it three or four!!:)

Is the shuttle bus a service for the port or is it a regular commuter bus line with a fixed route? Fee?

Just for the cruise ships. When you get off the ship, there will be a large metal flea-market type building. Walk right thru it, out the back, there will be a line of shuttle busses, get on the first one. It's 2 or 3 bucks and they take you to their terminal. They will offer a discount tour to the blowhole (which is OK if you've never seen it, but you'll be there at night so I'd pass). I think the ticket is round trip, but we always walk back. As RoseF said, it's not very far once you know where you're going.

We usually head to Hussong's, get a couple of cheap margaritas, watch the bull fights on the TV then head next door to Tacos Lindos. Not uncommon to see a lot of the ships crew there getting their taco fix.

• 1 month later...

Just chiming in late, taquerio mexico lindo was totally wonderful. 3 coronas and a ton of various tacos quesadillas and chips for $23. They give you a whole bunch of different salsas and sauces, some are very spicy. I highly highly recommend it. Be prepared for the many children that will come up to the table to sell things, we gave them food. You will probably sit at a table with others which is fun conversation. Small place so you may have to wait a bit and they only take cash.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Forums mobile app