Coastal cruise to the Pitons

rosegrower

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from a cruise and did this excursion. The boat held about 70,and had covered deck area that was easy to walk around on, but with seating areas in the front and back to catch the sun. We stopped for about an hour to swim and then proceeded to the Pitons. Very relaxing. On the ride back, a variety of drinks which included a very strong rum punch were served and some of the crew danced. We preferred sitting in the sun. They also served very tasty bananas.

Overall, a nice excursion.

• 1 month later...

Just to add to the other response you got -- I have not taken this particular excursion in St. Lucia but want to do it when we are on the next cruise within a couple of months.

Avoiding roads and buses on St. Lucia is probably as good an idea now as it would've been when I did an all-day tour via minivan from Castries to Soufriere and the 'drive in volcano.' Rough roads, fear of crime -- all too much and that was long ago. It might be better now, but it might not be. And some people fear crimes against tourists in towns and on the roads.

I did take a catamaran between St. Kitt's and Nevis once and it was great fun -- those cats are large and yes, some people stay on board and do not jump off to swim/snorkel. No one cares -- and there is always sun and shade and snacks and a little restroom, too. My kind of travel and I love being on the water rather than on dicey roads. I'd say go for it!

Thanks so much for posting! Did some people opt not to swim? How did you exit boat to swim? It sounds like the excursion was good and I so appreciate you answering my questions!

Archived