Ft Lauderdale Hotels

Ginnyjen

What if i bid and win the bid but wanted to cancel reservation for some reason ..How does that work ? are these biddable deals cancelable ?

No. Once you have it, that's it. No cancellation. No backing out if you hoped for a different property. If you have any inkling of a preference for one place, it's better to just book that hotel.

We don't do priceline either. I don't want to take chances on getting a hotel we don't want. We choose which hotel we want, we call and we book it or do it on line.

We usually are careful what hotels we pick and if we find ourselves returning to that city, we often return to same hotel. It is rare we are disappointed where we are staying.

There are many variations between bidding on PL and paying rack rate. I used the PL Prenegotiated deals for my February cruise. With this, I knew exactly which hotel I was getting, and the room/bed type. I got a tower room at Hyatt Pier 66 for $210. The rate on the Hyatt website for that room is $389. I didn't take any chances; I just saved a lot of money for the room I wanted.

There are many variations between bidding on PL and paying rack rate. I used the PL Prenegotiated deals for my February cruise. With this, I knew exactly which hotel I was getting, and the room/bed type. I got a tower room at Hyatt Pier 66 for $210. The rate on the Hyatt website for that room is $389. I didn't take any chances; I just saved a lot of money for the room I wanted.

Thanks for a great post. I have been wondering how people can say they don't like something when they either have not tried it or do not understand. I too have never been disapointed and also have saved a nice amount of money too. The Hyatt also has a great resturant for breakfast vs. the cheaper free breakfasts offered in the lobby of other hotels.

We bid on Priceline, and do Hotwire quite a bit. We have always been fortunate with Priceline-and most especially in FLL and in London. Leaving tomorrow for Hilton Head. Three nights in a high end resort @$86./night thanks to Priceline.

The absolute best Priceline win in the last little while was Westin Palace in Milan for three nights-$89. per night. The room was unbelievable.

We bid on Priceline, and do Hotwire quite a bit. We have always been fortunate with Priceline-and most especially in FLL and in London. Leaving tomorrow for Hilton Head. Three nights in a high end resort @$86./night thanks to Priceline.

The absolute best Priceline win in the last little while was Westin Palace in Milan for three nights-$89. per night. The room was unbelievable.

Did u get Hilton head as part of the pre- negotiated deals or through bidding ?

We got Sonesta Hilton Head Resort on Priceline for Wednesday thru Saturday of this week. We bid $86. and it was accepted on a July 12 bid.

It took several tries. I was actually surprised when it 'hit'.

We did the Marriott Hilton Head a few years ago and enjoyed that as well.

We got Sonesta Hilton Head Resort on Priceline for Wednesday thru Saturday of this week. We bid $86. and it was accepted on a July 12 bid.

It took several tries. I was actually surprised when it 'hit'.

We did the Marriott Hilton Head a few years ago and enjoyed that as well.

Thank you much iancal. I'm really new to using Priceline. Have always booked my hotels directly or through my membership or points. I'm a frequent flyer of the ES & Marriott. Now how can I get those booked on Priceline ? You sound like you wanted Hilton head only. Was it clear that you were bidding on HH ? Or we're u bidding on a zone ?

In other words, how can you bid on a certain hotel through Priceline ? Doesn't Priceline make you bid on zones ?

Yes, Priceline has zones, and star levels. We usually bid 4 stars or resorts. So we bid 4 star on Hilton Head and hope that we got something reasonable. See below as there are sites that can assist you with Hotwire and with Priceline.

Hilton Head has two zones....but only one on the island. You can get into Priceline and try it, but not complete your bid. You will see the zone and hotel level options. Also check out the bidding for travel sites (delete blanks, add .com) or the better bidding sites (hint).

You need to understand the pricing. Last Feb. we got a fantastic weekend deal direct with the Hilton Melbourne Beach Hotel in Florida so it was not worth doing Priceline or Hotwire.

Yes, Priceline has zones, and star levels. We usually bid 4 stars or resorts. So we bid 4 star on Hilton Head and hope that we got something reasonable. See below as there are sites that can assist you with Hotwire and with Priceline.

Hilton Head has two zones....but only one on the island. You can get into Priceline and try it, but not complete your bid. You will see the zone and hotel level options. Also check out the bidding for travel sites (delete blanks, add .com) or the better bidding sites (hint).

You need to understand the pricing. Last Feb. we got a fantastic weekend deal direct with the Hilton Melbourne Beach Hotel in Florida so it was not worth doing Priceline or Hotwire.

Thanks again. This helps. Have a great time @ Hilton head :):)

Alwaysfrantic,

I just looked at the same thing. I did find a hotel that has a tower room for $214. Is that the Hyatt pier 66 since it has a tower room or could it be a different hotel ? Could it be the Hyatt place from your experience ?

Thank you again for your help :)

I'm with you. We know the hotel we really like, which is the Embassy Suites, so we just have our TA book it, tick it off the to do list and forget it. There is most often a price reduction before we leave and we are able to have that applied.

All this bidding stuff is too much to wrap my brain around and way too much work.

We couldn't agree more.

As for the bidding, it's just too much time and effort just to save a few dollars.

Archived