Argostoli Kelafonia- car or scooter on our own?

jled

I am sailing on the Royal Caribbean, Splendour of the Seas , next month and I am trying to plan my excursions. I hate the idea of the big coach bus cruise excursions. We will be tendering in Argostoli arriving at 12:00 and leaving at 7:00 . I was hoping to NOT take an excursion , but would like to see the caves/ or beach. I saw some posts about scooter and car rentals. My husband has no problem driving .. he works in NY City and drives there.. or we would love to rent a scooter or bikes.. We own a scooter here in NY and love to be able to get around with it. How far from where the ship tenders are the rental places? Is it walkable...I also found a kayak company but don't know if we will have enough time for that.. Any suggestions??

I gave up and booked a ship excursion.. so little information on this port

There's not an awful lot in Argostoli within walking distance of the port. We just got a taxi & went to the beautiful beach resort of Lassi & spent a day there - very relaxing :)

Edited by Julessmiles

We were in Argostoli last year (our 2nd visit) and took a private tour with a small group. But, we normally would have done the place on our own (the tour was too good to pass up). If you can get a rental car that would be a fine option. Not sure a scooter is a good idea since the island has its share of hills where an underpowered scooter might be a liability.

Hank

• 1 year later...