My review of a 10 day cruise on OPERA ; UK to iberian peninsular

Skier52

Pete

Thank you for your review.

We have booked last minute for the September 14th sailing and have booked the Allegrissimo package.

We were in Lisbon last year and the river was full of jellyfish - an amazing sight! can`t wait to go back.

Karen

Great review! I am boarding the opera next week and can't wait.

Did you happen to notice if the jacuzzis have opening times? On the Indy last year you could use the solarium 24hrs a day and was a nice way to relax after a 'hard' day cruising.

Thanks

I didn't notice any opening / closing times as such, but they were definitely closed when I took this photo early in the morning..around 06:45

P1040079.jpg

Pete

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the great review. We are going in Sept. 22 first time with MSC, can't wait. We usually don't do ship tours. How diy were you the ports. We enjoy some history, food at a local place and little shopping? Thank you, I would be lost without the input of CC members.

Arelis

I've just finished my review of the 10 day Southampton to Amsterdam, Guernsey, Vigo, Lisbon, Bilbao and Le Harve,

loads of images (with some more to follow soon) and it can be found on this l was a nicer experience?

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=6463

Hope you like it

pete

Thanks for the review. Is it safe to assume that the Divina was a better experience for you?

I've just finished my review of the 10 day Southampton to Amsterdam, Guernsey, Vigo, Lisbon, Bilbao and Le Harve,

loads of images (with some more to follow soon) and it can be found on this link

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=6463

Hope you like it

pete

Thanks so much! I see in one of your pics that there was a sale on drink vouchers. This is good, but if one took advantage of this sale, a 15% service charge would be added vs. not paying this 15% if ordered before boarding...Is that correct?

Barbara

Thanks so much! I see in one of your pics that there was a sale on drink vouchers. This is good, but if one took advantage of this sale, a 15% service charge would be added vs. not paying this 15% if ordered before boarding...Is that correct?

Barbara

Correct.

Thanks for the great review. We are going in Sept. 22 first time with MSC, can't wait. We usually don't do ship tours. How diy were you the ports. We enjoy some history, food at a local place and little shopping? Thank you, I would be lost without the input of CC members.

Arelis

We did mostly excursion but here goes on my thoughts (i'm ckecking the excusions list and my photographs as I write this)

Imjuiden (for Amstrdam) it was ~45min by coach to Amstrdam MSC offer a coach only for DIY to Amsteram, cost 29.90 euros for Adults or a coach to Haarlem , 25.90 euros. the port of imjuiden is mainly a large industrial area but does have access to a small beach area.

St. Peterport (tenders used) Very easy to DIY . If you are early off the ship there is a half mile walk to the bus stop for the round the island bus.

Also easy to walk to the "occupation museum" plenty of cafes , pubs on the front.

Vigo Docks are close to town nad easy to DIY, Historical visits are mainly at Santiago de Compostella cathedral (dedicated to St. James and a major pilgrimage centre) 90 min coach drive

Lisbon Very easy to DIY There was a HOHO bus (two different companies ) just outside the docks.

Bilbao Relatively easy to DIY, we did an excursion to the Gugenheim (outside only) and a walking tour of the city

Le Harvre Docks are in a big industrial port There are a few shops (v. expensive ) near by.

MSC run buses for DIY to Honfleur or Etretat, 46 euros; or Mont St. Michel 53 euros.

We went to Rouen (where thy burned the English enemy Joan of Arc at the stake)

Hope this helps somewhat

Pete

Barbara

When I went I couldn't find the books of vouchers to pre-book on theMSC web site. I'm not saying they wern't there; just I couldn't find them. If they are on the web you'd have to cross check the price to make sure they are at the same sale price as on the ship

If you buy on the ship they do add the 15% on to the price

Pete

Thanks for the review. Is it safe to assume that the Divina was a better experience for you?

The Divina was definitely better as we were in the yacht club and we were doing , for us , a more interesting itinerary. We had always planned to revisit istanbul.

Where as Opera was a option of an ex-UK (no flying) cruise visiting several ports new to us

Pete

Edited by Skier52