W Barcelona

WineDown17

I have done a search, but not a lot of info, and almost nothing recent on this hotel.

I have already booked a quaint but small room in Barri Gothic for us.. A family of 3 plus my in laws. We will be spending 2 days in BCN precruise next May.

However, for the same price, thanks to my Starwood Points, we can stay here in upgraded rooms.

Lots of trade offs..quaint vs cosmopolitan...beach vs city....5 stars vs 4 stars....

The feedback of people who have stayed there will help me decide which way to go!!!

Thanks so much

For me, it was all about location, location, location when using my Starwood points so I booked Le Meridien on La Rambla. The W isn't located near the activities I'm interested in. As mentioned, it's all a trade off. Choose what's most important to your family.

I had this same dilemma, and ended up booking in the Gothic Quarter, and using my SPG points for the front end of our cruise (Venice). Since our cruise is still months away, I can't say how it worked out yet, but I went through a similar thought process.

As an SPG Gold member, I have stayed in a few W properties, and, while they're definitely clean and hip (and the toiletries are high end), the rooms tend to be on the small side, and they're focused more on ambience than function (eg, at the property in San Diego, the frosted glass sliding bathroom door is beautiful, but not particularly private). I'd stay there again, but not with my kids. :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Another good option using SPG points is the Four Points Barcelona and is generally a fraction of the points needed for either Le Meriden or the W. It is in a good location, clean and comfortable. It really depends what you are looking for.

Archived