Circle C

micheecruise

I read somewhere on the boards that the first night of a cruise the teens usually congregate in the Circle C club as a meeting point to get to meet each other. I am going to be cruising with my daughters in a few weeks and was wondering about this?

Our family has cruised before, but my girls never went to the kids camps/clubs.

We cruised 4 years ago out of Galveston during the school year the week of our fall break. My son met others from Oklahoma - they have since sought out each other at football games, band contests, and now college.

So yes, look for it in the announcements and strongly encourage your teens to go to the welcome party.

I read somewhere on the boards that the first night of a cruise the teens usually congregate in the Circle C club as a meeting point to get to meet each other. I am going to be cruising with my daughters in a few weeks and was wondering about this?

Our family has cruised before, but my girls never went to the kids camps/clubs.

We just got off the Splendor last week and the activities and meeting each other did start on the first night for Circle C. It doesn't start until the next morning for Camp Carnival.

Do yourself and your kids a big favor and complete the kids club registration in the online check-in. The first night has a big crowd. After waiting in line to get into the club, they get rejected at the door if they have not been registered. The workers look up the kid, find they are not registered, and have to give them a form to complete. The kid then has to go track down a parent to sign it. So do it ahead of time.

Do yourself and your kids a big favor and complete the kids club registration in the online check-in. The first night has a big crowd. After waiting in line to get into the club, they get rejected at the door if they have not been registered. The workers look up the kid, find they are not registered, and have to give them a form to complete. The kid then has to go track down a parent to sign it. So do it ahead of time.

Or if you can't do the online registration (which was true in our case for our cruise tomorrow, as the kids are in their own room and the online registration was locked), look up the orientation time and get there right when it starts (usually around 5 PM embarkation day). You can fill out the paperwork, get the Circle C schedule, and leave - no need to stay for the orientation.

My first cruise, I felt a little guilty about the kids program. I had the feeling I was dumping my children while I went to play and that they might rather be with me. After only a few hours with the program, they always wanted to be with them. They had a long list of activities that were planned for the entire week and were very unhappy if I caused them to miss a portion. Just like others have said, my children still text with friends they met on the boat.

Having two children who have gone through all three of CCL's youth groups, I can agree with the others who stated the importance of going that first night to the introductory meeting. Both of my kids for the balance of the week meet at their youth club , but then often do other things. Both of my kids have told me that the kids he missed that first night had a hard time getting into a group the rest of the cruise. The group dynamics that go on that first night would be very interesting ! As others have also stated, they have found and kept some great friends from cruises. We always cruise during school breaks , so there are always plenty of school age children on board.

I can't register online because my girls are in there own room....I will be sure though to get them registered as soon as we get on the ship!!

I don't know if they will want to do any of the activities, but I definitely want them to meet the other kids on the ship.

Archived