Taxi to Bodega Aurrera(Walmart).

Karlie1

Where can you catch a Taxi to Bodega Aurrera and how much? We want to get off the boat and head to Bodega first and work our way back to the beach. We also want to stop at the Farmacia Bazar Comercio on 80th and 27. Thanks!

I have never taken a cab from the center of Progreso to the Bodega, but the cost probably will be less than 50 pesos. Ask the car driver for the cost. He will probably take US dollars. We pay 75 pesos for a cab to our house in Chixculub, about 5 miles away from the Auto Progreso terminal. The Bodega is about a mile away from the shuttle stop. The taxi stand is around the corner of where the shuttle stops. There is a nice, small supermarket in the center of Progreso, San Francisco de Asis, about two blocks south of the shuttle bus stop on Calle 80. Is there something special at Bodega Aurrera?

Thanks for info. I have been scoping my path on Google Earth. My wife and I enjoy going to Walmart wherever we travel. We just see the locals and what they buy. We are not looking for anything in particular. Bodega is owned by Walmart. If we don't find anything that fits our fancy, we will hail a cab to San Fransisco on 80th and 31st. I have found 3 Farmacias within walking distance from San Fransisco's. Trying to buy some Penicillan or Moxicillan if possible. From there we will walk back towards the Pier. Have a few cold ones and a bite to eat. Then jump on ship and head to Cozumel.:)

If you want to see what local people buy, walk across Calle 80 from the big lighthouse to the Mercado. This is an modern covered market with fresh fruits, vegetables, meat and sea food. There are numerous small shops selling almost everything. I try to avoid Calle 80 on cruise ship days because of the crowds. I am always amazed that I seldom see cruise ship passengers in the Mercado when the ship is in town. There are several comida enconomias serving great food at cheap prices.

Enjoy

I was just on Google street view next to the light house. Is the Mercado across the street? I didn't see any signs . Hopefully, by time we get back to the pier most of cruise passengers will be back on ship and it won't be as crowded.

I just looked at Google street view. The Mercado is right across the street from the lighthouse. The Mercado is a modern looking concrete building with pillars in the front. I do not remember ever seeing a sign for the building. In street view the store fronts are all shuttered, but they are open during the day. The market starts to close about 1:00 PM, so it is best to get there in the morning.

Enjoy

Thanks, I thought that was the place. I love Google street view. I have went up and down 80th looking at shops. When I get there I will already feel like I have been there. Can we as Americans buy Penicillian Etc at the Pharmacies?

Thanks, I thought that was the place. I love Google street view. I have went up and down 80th looking at shops. When I get there I will already feel like I have been there. Can we as Americans buy Penicillian Etc at the Pharmacies?

When I was there last November we had no trouble shopping at two different pharmacies; however the prices were better if you could pay with pesos. Language was our only other barrier.

Where can you catch a Taxi to Bodega Aurrera and how much? We want to get off the boat and head to Bodega first and work our way back to the beach. We also want to stop at the Farmacia Bazar Comercio on 80th and 27. Thanks!

hello

where the bus drop you off get the corner on 27th street

and just across the street. there is a farmacia bazar on.the same side in front of elektra you can get a taxi

50 pesos is the price for drive you to bodega maybe 30 between 3&5 dollars

have fun

Archived