Pride of Aloha Room assignment

calidave

Hi,

I will be sailing POA next week and have room 9223 with a balcony.

Does anyone know if this is on the side of the ship , that has the view of Napili Coast and the lava flow? If not.. and they have avaliability, any chance they will let me swith sides? Thanks so much

Dave

Guest nhrich

Dave,

We were in 9225 (two doors down) last October. You're on the side that will see the lava flow, but not the Napali Coast.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

In another message, we were told that the port side saw the Napoli Coast, but not the Lava flow. Which is correct? I'm on the port side in November. Hoping to be on the Napoli Coast side. Sonia

Guest nhrich
In another message, we were told that the port side saw the Napoli Coast, but not the Lava flow. Which is correct? I'm on the port side in November. Hoping to be on the Napoli Coast side. Sonia

The OP is on the starboard side. What you have been told is correct.

During our sailing, the ship did turn around briefly so that everyone would have a chance to see the lava flow, but not while sailing past the Napali Coast.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Thanks Rich..

Do I have a good cabin or should I try to switch sides of the ship?

When we are in port am I going to be looking out to sea the whole time or will I be able to sit on the patio and enjoy some kind of view?

Dave: We were on the Aloha last year. Although we had a balcony on Deck 10, we were on the same side of the ship as you. We did see the lava flow but were on the opposite side for the Napali Coast and the ship did not turn. You can go up on deck for the Coast. I think you would rather see the Lava flow from your balcony since it is at night...lol.

As far as what you see in port. In Honolulu, you will be facing the downtown. (unless they back in which they do on occasion, but not regularly). Actually that is a better view than the shipyard across the harbor that the other side gets.

In Hilo, you will be facing the town and not the dock. (better view)

In Kona, it depends on which way they anchor. Usually that side faces out to sea and not to shore. (other side probably has a nice view but also has to put up with the tendering noise all day)

Maui: your side will be facing the Iao Valley and that very green part of the island. (other side is facing a conveyer like structure. You have the much better view)

Kauai: Depends on which way they dock. By watching the webcam, it seems they dock in different directions and on different sides of the dock often. You will either be looking at a road, hillside and the docking building or out to sea.

Hope this helps. Personally, I liked the side we were on.

Archived