Inexpensive and/or free

deziner73

Hey all. I'm a first-time cruiser and will be in St. Kitts on Oct.18th. I'm sailing the 7 night cruise on the Carnival Valor with 5 different ports. I have excursions booked in two ports (St. Lucia and Barbados), and am looking for inexpensive/free things to do in the other ports. I'm on a budget, and trying to stay as close to it as possible. I will be doing most activities on the ship itself, but do want to see one or two things in the ports that I don't have tours lined up for.

Please give me some ideas for St. Kitts and how to get there (and how much it will cost). Looking to stay at <$25. Thanks all!

Hi, the popular attractions, such as the Brimstone Fortress might not be accessible for $25, since it's a taxi ride and there's an admission fee. But if you just want to do a self-guided walking tour, there are things to see right outside of the port area. Do a search online for St. Kitts and Nevis tourism--there are websites with suggested walking tours. There is the square downtown, several churches and other buildings of historical interest, and the like. You can also probably get some local food along the way.

Hey all. I'm a first-time cruiser and will be in St. Kitts on Oct.18th. I'm sailing the 7 night cruise on the Carnival Valor with 5 different ports. I have excursions booked in two ports (St. Lucia and Barbados), and am looking for inexpensive/free things to do in the other ports. I'm on a budget, and trying to stay as close to it as possible. I will be doing most activities on the ship itself, but do want to see one or two things in the ports that I don't have tours lined up for.

Please give me some ideas for St. Kitts and how to get there (and how much it will cost). Looking to stay at <$25. Thanks all!

We will be there in January on a cruise and just plan to take a taxi to a beach, bring our own snorkel gear, lay on our cruise towels and relax/swim, then go back to the ship. Taxi rates seem to be "up to 4 people", so if you could find others to share a taxi with, to/from a beach might be within your budget. Taxi rates: http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com/st-kitts-nevis-taxi.html

Another option I found in my own research. You could do an inexpensive "water tour" to Nevis by using the public water ferry. It's supposed to take about 45 minutes. I've seen costs online around $11 per person each way? You could walk around Charlestown, or some say you can walk to Pinney's Beach but kind of far. Others say you should take a taxi for $5. Just make sure you don't miss the water ferry back. They don't run that frequently. I saw somewhere that you can get the latest ferry schedule by calling 1-869-466-4636. You'd want to use the ferry between Port Zante and Charlestown, not the Seabridge.

We just got back today. We walked to the Palms Court Gardens and spent the day there. They have a beautiful infinity pool with comfortable loungers and umbrellas. It overlooks the harbor and the ship. They also have a very good restaurant and a pool bar that makes premium drinks. The cost to sit around the pool all day is only $10 per person. It's a relaxing way to get away from the crowds of the ship. Their web site is here:Palms Court Gardens. You can email them ahead of time to reserve a lounger.

We just got back today. We walked to the Palms Court Gardens and spent the day there. They have a beautiful infinity pool with comfortable loungers and umbrellas. It overlooks the harbor and the ship. They also have a very good restaurant and a pool bar that makes premium drinks. The cost to sit around the pool all day is only $10 per person. It's a relaxing way to get away from the crowds of the ship. Their web site is here:Palms Court Gardens. You can email them ahead of time to reserve a lounger.

I've looked at Palm Court Gardens for my day in St. Kitts in January. Does it have a beach too or is it just the pool? Do they have any activities there to do, jet skis, parasailing? It looks perfect for me but I have 3 18 yr olds with me and not sure if it will be too boring for them to just sit around a pool.

I've looked at Palm Court Gardens for my day in St. Kitts in January. Does it have a beach too or is it just the pool? Do they have any activities there to do, jet skis, parasailing? It looks perfect for me but I have 3 18 yr olds with me and not sure if it will be too boring for them to just sit around a pool.

It will be boring for them, if they want activities. It's not on a beach. Just a small, quiet place, with a pool overlooking the harbor. More for just laying around reading, etc. There were younger crew members there from the ship, but they were mostly using the free wi-fi and relaxing away fom the crowds.

It will be boring for them, if they want activities. It's not on a beach. Just a small, quiet place, with a pool overlooking the harbor. More for just laying around reading, etc. There were younger crew members there from the ship, but they were mostly using the free wi-fi and relaxing away fom the crowds.

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately St. Kitts is getting harder to figure out what to do. I guess we'll be sticking to our plans to go to Shipwreck Beach Bar and hang for a bit

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, carolslc. U mentioned to "take ferry between Port Zante and Charlestown, not Seabridge" from St. Kitts and Nevis. Why not Seabridge?

The Seabridge ferry doesn't bring you back to the port where the cruise ship is. It brings you back to the far south end of St. Kitts where there are no taxis or other public transportation to get you to Port Zante (where the cruise ship is). I've heard if you do that you have to pre-arrange a taxi and hope they show up.

I would like to take a ferry from St. Kitts over to Nevis to visit the Botanical Gardens. Since we are only in St. Kitts until 5PM, how far away are the Gardens from the ferry pier? How much is the taxi, & how long is the ride? Thanks in advance!

Our ship doesn't dock at St. Kitts until 8AM. The ferry leaves St. Kitts to Nevis at 8AM, which would give us more time to spend in Nevis. The next ferry is not until 9:30AM. My research tells me that the ferry is about a 4 minute walk to the ferry pier. Will the ferry wait a few minutes for cruisers to disembark the ship, or should we just wait for the 9:30 ferry?

Archived