Rumours for 2015

DISNEY FANTASY

The years Disney did Baltic cruises, was that instead or or in addition to Mediterranean cruises? My kids want to do the Med cruise on Disney but it won't be till 2016.

It was in addition to

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It was in addition to

Awesome! Thank you!

I know it's a bit early to be planning anything but this is going to be our big once in a lifetime huge family overseas holiday so I am starting to get an idea of what we want to and and see. And with my youngest being 8 and 9 when we travel the disney cruise is going to be one of the key things that make the trip a success from their perspective! :D

The years Disney did Baltic cruises, was that instead or or in addition to Mediterranean cruises? My kids want to do the Med cruise on Disney but it won't be till 2016.

There is only one ship in Europe they did Baltic early Summer and Med late summer, expect seven night Meds mid August 2015to September.

I do not think they will do two years in the Baltic in a row, it's very very early speculation for 2016 but I guess the Wonder will take over from the Magic and have Med cruises all summer before a refit in Cadiz, subject to Panama cancel new locks opening in 2016.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Ok. Sticker shock. Looking at the pricing chart I'm guessing a cat. 5 is roughly $12,000 for the first 2 passengers or do I just not know how to read this chart. Help. This is my dream cruise but may not happen with DCL then

You read that correctly, I would say $13k to $15k.

Wow! That is helpful but a bit of a shock to the system, would work out about £9000 for us! We did a similar cruise with P&O 2 years ago for under £3000! No Baltics for us then, here's hoping for some cheaper Med options!

Wow! That is helpful but a bit of a shock to the system, would work out about £9000 for us! We did a similar cruise with P&O 2 years ago for under £3000! No Baltics for us then, here's hoping for some cheaper Med options!

DCL is always expensive, with a few limited a Baltic and North Sea cruises they will be priced high, the Med is also expensive my 12 night Med cruise this summer is very very expensive, funny enough last night I was reading threads from 2009 re the Baltic and DCL going there in 2010 and I was posting exactly the same thing then, and other contributors where saying exactly the same things as well.

We are not talking your3/4 night Bahamas or 7 night Caribbean cruises here that fun week in week out and have direct competition from a. Number of cruise lines, we are talking a set few Disney cruises that will sell out whatever they charge.

Med, Europe, and Alaska have a high price point, good income way above Caribbean prices and added income from expensive shore trips, the words licence to print money comes to mind.

Just a map of where everything is as some people are worried on the Ukraine issues at the moment, the place where the Rissains are protecting thier port is closer to Turkey where the Maic goes this summer, than say St Petersburg.

12876470523_4b24f290db_b.jpg

image by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

We were on the Disney Fantasy from 2/15-2/22. I was told, by two different Cast Members, "another six to eight weeks" before the remaining DCL itineraries come out.

Yes they have been very late coming out, lots say March so your dates tie up,

My explanation is that the Med 2014 cruises are currently going past there paid in full dates, my cruise 7/26 has a PIF at the end of March.

I think they want these through to stop people transferring to 2015 different offerings.

Any Tuesday from the 4th, could be a release but a number of people have a 10% off voucher that expires soon, so most likely it's after that expires.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

I was looking at RCCL and they have several European itineraries out for 2015. You'd think DCL would get theirs out. It might be foolish for me to wait though as I sadly think DCL will just simply be way too expensive. I'll be jealous of all those who get to do it. I may have to settle for RCCL and being a loyal DCL cruiser I can't even believe I'm saying that.

I was looking at RCCL and they have several European itineraries out for 2015. You'd think DCL would get theirs out. It might be foolish for me to wait though as I sadly think DCL will just simply be way too expensive. I'll be jealous of all those who get to do it. I may have to settle for RCCL and being a loyal DCL cruiser I can't even believe I'm saying that.

I think they are waiting to get this years paid in full dates for the Ames to avoid people cancelling and rebooking for 2015 with new ports.

Only just joined - although I have been an avid reader / researcher since our 1st disabled group Cruise last year - I am waiting to see how much Disney will sting us for in 2015 and saw there is the hint of N.Europe :) Does this mean the 2015 Westbound Transatlantic will then leave from the UK in the Autumn ????? Anyone know if this will be the usual better value for money trip and what Disney insist on charging for a one way flight back to the UK ? (RCCL are saying ~£405 one way from Florida >UK at the moment). How are Disney for disabled children and their families?? Thanks ! :confused:

Only just joined - although I have been an avid reader / researcher since our 1st disabled group Cruise last year - I am waiting to see how much Disney will sting us for in 2015 and saw there is the hint of N.Europe :) Does this mean the 2015 Westbound Transatlantic will then leave from the UK in the Autumn ????? Anyone know if this will be the usual better value for money trip and what Disney insist on charging for a one way flight back to the UK ? (RCCL are saying ~£405 one way from Florida >UK at the moment). How are Disney for disabled children and their families?? Thanks ! :confused:

Not a Westbound repo from UK on the 3rd August it looks like the Magic will go to Barcelona and the Med on seven night cruises, then a Westbound repo to San Juan IMHO. I think Magic will stay in the Med till September and have a WBTA in September.

They are often good value for money as there are many sea days, think five or six and the sea conditions and weather is unpredictable. Often single way flights are close to return flight coasts and not good value for money.

With a few airlines merging expect USA flight costs to shoot up.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Thanks - really useful to know !! Just how expensive are we talking ? Will they do 7 night Norway and 12 night Baltic from the UK and is it Dover rather than Southampton?? Thanks!

We do not know for sure, as we do not have all the bits of the Jigsaw yet, if THRY home port in Copenhagen then you could have 7 and 12 night Baltic's, Norway with Iceland now looks longer than 7 nights.

DCL = Expensive, the WBTA is the best per day cost.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

I just want to copy the great post below to keep this thread up to date.

Credit to

MSH from Norway

From Geiranger havn's homepage we know that Magic is

294m 83338 grt heavy and with 2834 passengers.

Iceland don't give out mch info about secret upcoming cruises, but......

http://cruiseiceland.com/iceland-cru...5&t=03.10.2015

Reykjavik

05.07.201512:0006.07.201517:002983.3382834294

Akureyri

04.07.201508:0004.07.201517:00983.3382834294

How many cruiseship is 294m, 83338, 2834???

Mostly only one, and that ship is due to anchor up in Reykjavik and in Akureyri in july 2015......

Will Disney both do some ordinary Baltic and some one more unordinary like Iceland and perhapes the midt night sun........

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

There are some great thoughts about where Magic will be the summer of 2015 with great evidence to back them up. Does anyone have any idea when the eastbound transatlantic cruise onboard Disney Magic 2015 will be? And if so where will she leave from/final destination. Thank you for any thoughts or ideas.... I am anxiously anticipating the release date. :)

There are some great thoughts about where Magic will be the summer of 2015 with great evidence to back them up. Does anyone have any idea when the eastbound transatlantic cruise onboard Disney Magic 2015 will be? And if so where will she leave from/final destination. Thank you for any thoughts or ideas.... I am anxiously anticipating the release date. :)

The last date that we have for her in Florida at the moment is May 3rd. But when they release the new dates they may add another caribbean cruise before she sets off on the TA.

The last date that we have for her in Florida at the moment is May 3rd. But when they release the new dates they may add another caribbean cruise before she sets off on the TA.

I would say Mid May to get over in two weeks for the end of May,

Anyone's guess of the route, I think Port Canaveral to Barcelona via Madeira.

But they add a carob bean before or go straight away.

I guess we will know mid March when the 10% discounts people have expire and the Med 2014 PIFs are through for July.