Rumours for 2015

DISNEY FANTASY

All this suspense is killing me! But my cc statement likes that the cruises haven't been released yet!

Yes I expected them this week, well one more day of this week, I still think it is very soon. Lots of Internet chatter so hopefully soon.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Fantasy is a fantastic ship we spent two cruise on it, and yes prices went up fast after we booked, I recall went up in thousands.

This comment interests me. Do the fares start cheaper when the itineraries are first released and then go up? I would have thought it would be the other way around.

We are hoping to take our three sons on a 12 night Disney cruise in the Mediterranean in summer 2016 - they will be 8, 9 and 14. Obviously its a long time before the itineraries are released but its good to know if I need to be really quick off the mark once they are released. We'll be looking for two connecting interior cabins.

Edited by Katgoesonholiday

Yes, historically, with Disney cruise prices tend to be at their lowest rates on launch day and go up from there. There are of course some unpopular sailings and their prices will drop later or go to Guarantee Status (cheap rates generally available after the Pay In Full date has passed) - however outside of some very obvious dates it can be hard to predict which sailings won't fill up so you're running the gauntlet a little if you leave booking it till later.

When 2015 dates are released things will go completely crazy from the minute DCL phone lines open, long waits, website grinds to a halt etc etc - it's a pretty big deal. A lot of people use a TA for that reason, as it's potentially a bit stressy (or frustrating). Of course, some people enjoy the excitement too :)

Yes, it's generally crazy for those too. I seem to recall last European season there were next to no cruises that hit guarantee status. I think because a lot of people want to book Air early it helps those sailings book up and Europe is becoming more popular each passing year.

Transatlantic sailings is often the exception to that though.

When they're released? Well Disney Cruise Line being what they are, that's anyone's guess. Last year 2014 dates were released on Feb 14th yet still no sign of them yet for this year and everyone is eagerly waiting for those now.

Assuming they do come soon though, it's a fair guess to say 2016 release will be at a similar time next year.

Bear in mind that any good TA will monitor the price of your cruise even after booking so if the cost does go down before the Pay In Full day you don't lose out (unless there's some specific terms and conditions), therefore all you need worry about on release day is being ready to choose your sailing and having your deposit ready - and even then you get a 3 day courtesy hold.

This comment interests me. Do the fares start cheaper when the itineraries are first released and then go up? I would have thought it would be the other way around.

We are hoping to take our three sons on a 12 night Disney cruise in the Mediterranean in summer 2016 - they will be 8, 9 and 14. Obviously its a long time before the itineraries are released but its good to know if I need to be really quick off the mark once they are released. We'll be looking for two connecting interior cabins.

Yes supply and demand as they go through certain number of sales the price goes up, so say if 10% of one category sells faster than expected in a timescale! say one month the fares go up, if most of a cat is sold out that price tier is high,

They rarely go down bar past the normal paid in full date on slow moving slow selling cruises.

Wow! Is it crazy for the Europe sailings as well?

And am i correct in thinking that they will be released 12-18 months out - potentially putting the 2016 Europe release around Feb/Mar next year?

Generally any new type of cruise, a new route or new ports of call, these will sell fast, very fast, so Europe the 12 night cruises which are rare have nearly sold out, whilst seven night cruises that have been done before move slower.

I have to move a reservation before final payment is due in a couple of days. Did the same last year in mid February. Why is the release date later this year? Anyone have any idea or heard any rumour as to when Disney will release the May and later 2015 dates? I guess if not by Monday, I will have to move my reservation twice.

I have to move a reservation before final payment is due in a couple of days. Did the same last year in mid February. Why is the release date later this year? Anyone have any idea or heard any rumour as to when Disney will release the May and later 2015 dates? I guess if not by Monday, I will have to move my reservation twice.

Well the current news is there is a hold up on a port or two to be finalised and they will not release until that's agreed.

I heard some people had a 10% off voucher that expires 12th March, so I'm guessing after then! (just guessing)

Could be a point.

People calling DCL and asking on the ships for future reservations are getting answers from, two, to six to eight weeks.

All keep saying by March, I think they can go for it at any time, normally any discounts do expire before any release.

Very interesting if true ties up with Baltic rumours can you say more?

I have to say there was a rumour of that linked with the Disney film Frozen which was filmed there.

Its not a rumor,its true.... Disney Magic is booked :)

If she do any baltic i dont know.

These will give an idea.

The rumours I posted since August 2013 have included Copenhagen as a home port as most of the rumours seem true I think that will be accurate as well.

12800646264_e21325b201.jpg

image by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

12800300873_ed8c408791.jpg

image by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

These are for an idea only and from other cruise lines

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Its not a rumor,its true.... Disney Magic is booked :)

If she do any baltic i dont know.

That's not a lock. Cruise lines often book ports on speculation while they work out the itinerary details. They can drop the bookings if it doesn't work out.