Marriott Biscayne Bay and Alcohol

EpcotBill

I just stayed at Marriott Biscayne Bay before my cruise last week. Before my trip I tried to find where I could buy wine near the hotel to bring onboard the ship. There wasn't very much information that I could find in the internet.

So here it is for anyone else wondering about this. There is a very small mall in the Doubletree attached to the Marriott. There is a small liquor store there with very limited choices. There is a Publix about 2 blocks from the hotel with a very large, reasonably priced wine selection. It's an easy walk, only about 5 minutes. Just be careful crossing the streets. To get to Publix walk out the front of the hotel and turn right. Follow the curve around to the left and walk straight ahead. You'll see a GNC sign first, then the big green P sign for Publix.

Epcotbill, Was there a lot of restaurants within walking distance. We don't want anything real expensive or fancy. We are going to be there on Thanksgiving Day, and hoping that there will something open that day. If Publix is open we can at least hit the deli.

Claudia

We didn't really look for restaurants so I'm not sure about that. We ate lunch at the bar in Doubletree which was kinda crappy. We walked to Bubba Gump for dinner (not a short walk) and took the free trolley back.

• 10 months later...
Just what I was looking for - thank you very much for this information.

Do you know how much a taxi cost from the Marriott to the port was?

D

Sorry, no. I was in a roll call group that hired a bus. I think it was about $7 per person, not really sure though.

Epcotbill, Was there a lot of restaurants within walking distance. We don't want anything real expensive or fancy. We are going to be there on Thanksgiving Day, and hoping that there will something open that day. If Publix is open we can at least hit the deli.

Claudia

Thanksgiving day might be tough - eating at the Marriott is likely your best option.

I have always enjoyed the Caribbean cuisine in the restaurant located inside the Doubletree lobby, or walk 2 blocks to Bin 18 (Biscayne & 18th) for great tapas and an extensive wine/beer list. :D