Gold Creek Salmon Bake with Whale Watching

bertrande

I'm sorely tempted to go on a salmon bake at least once in Alaska (seeing that this is a once in a lifetime kind of trip). I can't do so in Skagway as I'm scheduled to go for the 6-hour Yukon Horseback Riding Adventure with Southeast Tours, which leaves Juneau.

I'm booked on Capt Larry's whale watching trip for 3.30pm on Monday 1 August 2005, which will return at around 7pm or so (my ship, the Radiance of the Seas, is docked in Juneau from 12pm-9pm). Because of that, I can't request for a stop at Thane Ore as it's way too tight. However, I note that there's a Gold Creek Salmon Bake excursion that's sold by the curiseline and one of the available timings is 1215pm. The excursion's 1.5 hours in length so by that measure I should be back in downtown Juneau by 2pm. (?) To me, that sounds like a fairly comfortable arrangement but it's going to be my first time in Alaska so...

I would really appreciate and be very grateful for any advice regarding the timing for these 2 excursions and whether I will be able to make them. I'm not so much concerned about the merit of each excursion but about the timings between the two of them. Thanks and hope to hear your views! :)

I'm sorely tempted to go on a salmon bake at least once in Alaska (seeing that this is a once in a lifetime kind of trip). I can't do so in Skagway as I'm scheduled to go for the 6-hour Yukon Horseback Riding Adventure with Southeast Tours, which leaves Juneau.

I'm booked on Capt Larry's whale watching trip for 3.30pm on Monday 1 August 2005, which will return at around 7pm or so (my ship, the Radiance of the Seas, is docked in Juneau from 12pm-9pm). Because of that, I can't request for a stop at Thane Ore as it's way too tight. However, I note that there's a Gold Creek Salmon Bake excursion that's sold by the curiseline and one of the available timings is 1215pm. The excursion's 1.5 hours in length so by that measure I should be back in downtown Juneau by 2pm. (?) To me, that sounds like a fairly comfortable arrangement but it's going to be my first time in Alaska so...

I would really appreciate and be very grateful for any advice regarding the timing for these 2 excursions and whether I will be able to make them. I'm not so much concerned about the merit of each excursion but about the timings between the two of them. Thanks and hope to hear your views! :)

Why don't you go to Thane Ore for lunch??? And yes the above is also doable.

Archived